arnet
10-26 01:51 PM
our experience:
they will mail back those.
my wife went to delhi consulate in sep 06 (i didnt go), and they took all reqd docs including our I-797s original, and when they sent stamped passport through courier, they returned all documents with passport including I-797s.
I dont think they took any document except fees receipt, ds-156/157, it was suprising to us not even the xerox copies of reqd docs like w-2's,marriage ceritificate, etc. i think, might be, they just want to verify and once they did that, they are returning it.
it took 3 days after interview date to get the stamped passport and documents through courier.
If any delay or problem in getting those documents/passport after 3-4days, contact VFS at delhi. I think you can track through SMS too.
I hope they mail it back because that's something I definitely need. I didn't know they will look at my I797. I wish I had known this before my wife went for visa stamping. There's alway a new kink, isn't it :-)
they will mail back those.
my wife went to delhi consulate in sep 06 (i didnt go), and they took all reqd docs including our I-797s original, and when they sent stamped passport through courier, they returned all documents with passport including I-797s.
I dont think they took any document except fees receipt, ds-156/157, it was suprising to us not even the xerox copies of reqd docs like w-2's,marriage ceritificate, etc. i think, might be, they just want to verify and once they did that, they are returning it.
it took 3 days after interview date to get the stamped passport and documents through courier.
If any delay or problem in getting those documents/passport after 3-4days, contact VFS at delhi. I think you can track through SMS too.
I hope they mail it back because that's something I definitely need. I didn't know they will look at my I797. I wish I had known this before my wife went for visa stamping. There's alway a new kink, isn't it :-)
wallpaper Avail gt; Stock Earnings amp; Stock
smiledentist
06-14 02:23 PM
Anybody else, please advice.
abhisam
07-09 06:31 PM
You said your employer is agreable, in that case, If you did not get your EAD before your current EAD expires, you can choose to work for free for those days and try to get paid for it after your EAD comes in effect.
Or even if you don't get paid for it, you are building some good will and you are not jeopardizing your job. It will definitely keep you in the good books of this employer.
Yes Augustus, thats a good idea. my employer will understand and I will continue to work. but will ask him not to pay me for the duration.
Or even if you don't get paid for it, you are building some good will and you are not jeopardizing your job. It will definitely keep you in the good books of this employer.
Yes Augustus, thats a good idea. my employer will understand and I will continue to work. but will ask him not to pay me for the duration.
2011 for CSCO shareholders,
VMH_GC
12-15 02:19 PM
I guess the officer did the right thing. In my opinion you don't have to worry about this. Tear the i-94 from your 797 and send it to lawyer along with your original i-94.
more...
gemini23
07-02 03:12 PM
Srikondoji,
you can repeat something that is already said. first you said "step back". if you want to repeat, it should be "step back"..not "step aside". Simple logic. enjoy.:cool:
Originally Posted by srikondoji
Please step back. You need to grow up to know what is racism and you need to listen/read with some context in the background.
Plain reading is injurious to health and community.
I repeat "please step aside".
Please step back. You need to grow up to know what is racism and you need to listen/read with some context in the background.
Plain reading is injurious to health and community.
I repeat "please step aside".
you can repeat something that is already said. first you said "step back". if you want to repeat, it should be "step back"..not "step aside". Simple logic. enjoy.:cool:
Originally Posted by srikondoji
Please step back. You need to grow up to know what is racism and you need to listen/read with some context in the background.
Plain reading is injurious to health and community.
I repeat "please step aside".
Please step back. You need to grow up to know what is racism and you need to listen/read with some context in the background.
Plain reading is injurious to health and community.
I repeat "please step aside".
chintu25
03-26 11:37 AM
Not accepting votes now ???
more...
ameryki
05-23 04:41 PM
You were right in saying that DS 156 & DS 157 is no longer required. Here is the link
General Information- Consulate General of the United States Mumbai, India (http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/general_information.html)
BTW what is this PIMS thing? Do I have to do anything regarding PIMS before taking the apoointment for VISA interview or before/during the actual interview?
Don't think you can do anything about PIMS its a hit or miss. i got my visa renewed 7th year in Feb a few weeks before DS 160 came in to play. It was fairly smooth infact I felt they were much more organized this time then in the past years. If I recall my appointment was for 9:15 am I reached outside the consulate at 9.00am. They had us and the groups that I can't recall the term but indian co's that had groups of their peeps attending visa interviews in separate lines. Have your passport, original 797 and fee receipt together while waiting and from then on the usual. I have never seen or used the Strips Lounge but then I am a local too so comfort level with that. Good Luck.
General Information- Consulate General of the United States Mumbai, India (http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/general_information.html)
BTW what is this PIMS thing? Do I have to do anything regarding PIMS before taking the apoointment for VISA interview or before/during the actual interview?
Don't think you can do anything about PIMS its a hit or miss. i got my visa renewed 7th year in Feb a few weeks before DS 160 came in to play. It was fairly smooth infact I felt they were much more organized this time then in the past years. If I recall my appointment was for 9:15 am I reached outside the consulate at 9.00am. They had us and the groups that I can't recall the term but indian co's that had groups of their peeps attending visa interviews in separate lines. Have your passport, original 797 and fee receipt together while waiting and from then on the usual. I have never seen or used the Strips Lounge but then I am a local too so comfort level with that. Good Luck.
2010 2011 2010 Cisco Stock Price
syzygy
07-11 05:58 PM
I will distribute flyers in Indian stores in Hayward/Foster city area. Will definately be there on Saturday with at least one friend (I am new in area)
Lets rock the bay !
Please help people, this is our next action item after the flower campaign.
Spend less time discussing who to send flowers to next, and more helping on the immediate task at hand!
I challenge you!
:D
Lets rock the bay !
Please help people, this is our next action item after the flower campaign.
Spend less time discussing who to send flowers to next, and more helping on the immediate task at hand!
I challenge you!
:D
more...
boreal
02-05 06:28 PM
Can you please let me know if you received my email.
Thanks
wow!! IV has been very productive for you NewDoc..Would u like to contribute to IV if you get this post? And Bonus if you can convince some of your friends to join IV and contribute too ...
Thanks
wow!! IV has been very productive for you NewDoc..Would u like to contribute to IV if you get this post? And Bonus if you can convince some of your friends to join IV and contribute too ...
hair CSCO is only one example,

gsc999
01-07 03:23 AM
Many "promotions" offered by many corporations have this "condition" of winner being a "legal resident." I guess, maybe, H1B will come under that. GC is premanent resident. But here Toy R Us got caught between the fine print and being politically correct.
more...
pasupuleti
02-13 05:04 PM
We met our san jose(CA) congressman Mike Honda (http://honda.house.gov/). We had good session with his staff. His office is in the process of writting a letter to Backlog centers asking them for speeding up approvals.Their office is well aware of backlog issues. Once they get a response back from DOL, they would let us know.
hot Cisco Systems Stock Price
smartboy75
12-05 03:25 PM
I know that applying for citizenship is not mandatory..you can have a PR and continue to be so for as long as you like....Is there a shell life for PR ...can you keep renewing it indefinitely ?
more...
house marginFind CSCO stock

trueguy
08-09 09:27 AM
^^^^^^^
bump
^^^^^^^
bump
^^^^^^^
tattoo Stock Market Forum
pappu
12-18 09:07 AM
Don't be too happy since it moved May 2001 for India. DOS is moving the dates solely based on the demand from the USCIS. They dont know what is DOL cooking ( or they dont care). The BECs have roughly done half of their work. Thats about 180K. Another 180K ( roughly) are pending. So once
they all cleared we may get a better picture of the Plight of EB3 & EB2.
My guess is that anybody who has a PD (India)
Jan 2003-Dec2003 9 years
Jan04-Dec04 12 years
Jan 05 > 15 years
as per present law.
This also underlines the importance of an effective lobbying. We have to make this baby organization to a much stronger one. With lots of dollars and lots and lots of people. In my opinion we should have at least 75K active contributing members.
One good thing is that people who came to US recently ( after 2004) and who apply PERM get things done in 8 months until I140. At I140 they realize they cannot move forward. They are slowly understanding the agonizing situation we are all in. I hope this will eventually turn in more people to immigration voice.
Good luck to all
babu
well said.
We have better chance of success if we are a stronger organization. Efforts by members need to happen everyday and not only on the day when senate/congress is in session and discussing a bill. We can achieve success if every member is actively involved in the action items.
they all cleared we may get a better picture of the Plight of EB3 & EB2.
My guess is that anybody who has a PD (India)
Jan 2003-Dec2003 9 years
Jan04-Dec04 12 years
Jan 05 > 15 years
as per present law.
This also underlines the importance of an effective lobbying. We have to make this baby organization to a much stronger one. With lots of dollars and lots and lots of people. In my opinion we should have at least 75K active contributing members.
One good thing is that people who came to US recently ( after 2004) and who apply PERM get things done in 8 months until I140. At I140 they realize they cannot move forward. They are slowly understanding the agonizing situation we are all in. I hope this will eventually turn in more people to immigration voice.
Good luck to all
babu
well said.
We have better chance of success if we are a stronger organization. Efforts by members need to happen everyday and not only on the day when senate/congress is in session and discussing a bill. We can achieve success if every member is actively involved in the action items.
more...
pictures Stock prices can be modeled as
rockstart
08-12 07:53 AM
Can some one say when they received the actual RFE from the time they received the hard LUD and e-mail from CIS?
dresses Cisco (CSCO) Monthly
GCBy3000
07-11 09:10 PM
Is it allowed to publish it without my permission? I dont mind putting it anywhere, but just curious to know.
That was a very good inquisition in your letter GCBy3000. Thanks for your effort to send it to David Obey (is he a journalist btw).
It appears that he has circulated this and it has somehow gotten into the political circle.
it is very good for us to increase visibility on this issue more on Capitol HIll.
That was a very good inquisition in your letter GCBy3000. Thanks for your effort to send it to David Obey (is he a journalist btw).
It appears that he has circulated this and it has somehow gotten into the political circle.
it is very good for us to increase visibility on this issue more on Capitol HIll.
more...
makeup Disclosure: Owns shares of
neerajkandhari
06-04 10:22 AM
You really need to ask that question of a tax or employment law expert. It's not an immigration issue so it's not my area of expertise.
My I 140 was approved in Aug 2007
I have a 485 pending
Do i need to be in working for all the years till i get a green card
I will be able to provide a job offer letter in the same position in which my green card was sponsered with same or higher salary
Will it be enough to get my 485 approved ?
Your Advice will be appreciated
My I 140 was approved in Aug 2007
I have a 485 pending
Do i need to be in working for all the years till i get a green card
I will be able to provide a job offer letter in the same position in which my green card was sponsered with same or higher salary
Will it be enough to get my 485 approved ?
Your Advice will be appreciated
girlfriend The stock has average daily
MeraNaamJoker
09-16 04:44 PM
Here is the scenario.
If 6 months has been completed after your I-485 is filed then you can port out your process. You can either file AC21 or not. But to work for another company you need EAD. Now here you have mentioned that you have been working for Company B. What is your status with Company B? I guess, H1B.
If the company B can file for an AC21 at the earliest, that is the best option you have with you.
Just in case, if your I-485 is less than 6 months, situation becomes little sticky. Though the law or rule does not say anything specific, USCIS has been little lenient with the lay off and other situations recently.
So once Company A gets winds up, you can claim the process by stating that the company went out of business. There are cases where this was approved recently. Earlier there were exemptions at all.
You all need the co-operation from Company A on this. If they report to USCIS that you guys never joined there or made the company lose money, then none of the process will not stand as per law.
I personally know a unique situation, even after the company reported against the employee, the USCIS issued Green Card.
It all depends on the knowledge of the Officer who takes the case. Basically it is roll of the dice.
Do not take chances. Do it in the legal way as much as possible.
Good Luck to all of you
If 6 months has been completed after your I-485 is filed then you can port out your process. You can either file AC21 or not. But to work for another company you need EAD. Now here you have mentioned that you have been working for Company B. What is your status with Company B? I guess, H1B.
If the company B can file for an AC21 at the earliest, that is the best option you have with you.
Just in case, if your I-485 is less than 6 months, situation becomes little sticky. Though the law or rule does not say anything specific, USCIS has been little lenient with the lay off and other situations recently.
So once Company A gets winds up, you can claim the process by stating that the company went out of business. There are cases where this was approved recently. Earlier there were exemptions at all.
You all need the co-operation from Company A on this. If they report to USCIS that you guys never joined there or made the company lose money, then none of the process will not stand as per law.
I personally know a unique situation, even after the company reported against the employee, the USCIS issued Green Card.
It all depends on the knowledge of the Officer who takes the case. Basically it is roll of the dice.
Do not take chances. Do it in the legal way as much as possible.
Good Luck to all of you
hairstyles CSCO Stock Cons
javadeveloper
09-04 10:24 AM
Hi guys,
I would like to know if somebody has done interfiling i.e. upgrading EB category while pending AOS. I am planning to do it as soon as I receive my RN (July filer). I was looking for some more info on this from folks who have already done it. Thx
I am also planning.
I would like to know if somebody has done interfiling i.e. upgrading EB category while pending AOS. I am planning to do it as soon as I receive my RN (July filer). I was looking for some more info on this from folks who have already done it. Thx
I am also planning.
ivgclive
12-14 01:30 AM
Hi,
If married in India & want to take divorce in USA what is the procedure & will it be a valid divorce?
Extremely sorry to hear that in this forum.
If there are valid reasons (believe me, 99.9% of time they are worthless issues) and you fall in that 0.1% (both of you are aware and willing to go separate), please go to India get it settled.
If you fall in 99.9%, talk to your spouse, take few days off from work, go out alone and get it settled within your home.
As others said, it is an expensive process and headace you don't want to go thru.
For me, I still believe you both can figure out and get back on track before it derails.
If you have kids, young kids, please please please, think 99999 times before you do this. It is worth going thru this pain for them.
If you are 30 years old, just think that its going to be another 20 to 25 years of active family life.
USCIS is creating problems in our everyday life, we take that pain and ready to wait another 20 years for GC, why not for a spouse who is living with us everyday?
Good Luck.
Bottom line : 99.9% time it is WORTHLESS arguments that leads us to get frustrated...
If married in India & want to take divorce in USA what is the procedure & will it be a valid divorce?
Extremely sorry to hear that in this forum.
If there are valid reasons (believe me, 99.9% of time they are worthless issues) and you fall in that 0.1% (both of you are aware and willing to go separate), please go to India get it settled.
If you fall in 99.9%, talk to your spouse, take few days off from work, go out alone and get it settled within your home.
As others said, it is an expensive process and headace you don't want to go thru.
For me, I still believe you both can figure out and get back on track before it derails.
If you have kids, young kids, please please please, think 99999 times before you do this. It is worth going thru this pain for them.
If you are 30 years old, just think that its going to be another 20 to 25 years of active family life.
USCIS is creating problems in our everyday life, we take that pain and ready to wait another 20 years for GC, why not for a spouse who is living with us everyday?
Good Luck.
Bottom line : 99.9% time it is WORTHLESS arguments that leads us to get frustrated...
beemboy
11-16 06:12 PM
That is exactly what the senate has been doing. And the House too.
Nice one riva2005. :D :D
Nice one riva2005. :D :D
No comments:
Post a Comment