vin13
01-03 09:29 AM
Here is my 2 cents
You need to consider school and Green Card as separate issues.
The school will consider your application just how they would for a US resident/Citizen based on your pending Green Card. There is no need to change your status to F1. F1 will make it even worse as you will now be a international student (with higher fees) and loose your dual intent status.
Now, you need to make sure how you would be able to maintain your pending GC status. You will loose your H1 status once you stop working and your status will be "pending AOS". What if you get an RFE? Would you be able to prove that your employer will be still sponsoring your GC?. These are some basic questions that you really need to ask yourself and make sure you have it all covered.
You need to consider school and Green Card as separate issues.
The school will consider your application just how they would for a US resident/Citizen based on your pending Green Card. There is no need to change your status to F1. F1 will make it even worse as you will now be a international student (with higher fees) and loose your dual intent status.
Now, you need to make sure how you would be able to maintain your pending GC status. You will loose your H1 status once you stop working and your status will be "pending AOS". What if you get an RFE? Would you be able to prove that your employer will be still sponsoring your GC?. These are some basic questions that you really need to ask yourself and make sure you have it all covered.
wallpaper Short Blonde Hairstyles Girls
gcboy442
10-08 08:25 AM
sg72
My spouse EAD and AP were approved on Sept 13th , Mine is still pending......Don't know what to do .....I am the primary applicant....
My spouse EAD and AP were approved on Sept 13th , Mine is still pending......Don't know what to do .....I am the primary applicant....
adreg
06-05 08:41 AM
My last annual H1B extension ritual (8th year) took 10 months. The corresponding H4 extension was approved in 1 month though. No RFEs etc. Go figure :)
I am gearing up for this year's ritual again now -- hope its less than 10 months this year ..
I am gearing up for this year's ritual again now -- hope its less than 10 months this year ..
2011 rockabilly girls hairstyles.
prash20
05-29 09:26 PM
the reason for denial was regarding the Company B , they were saying that Company B doesnt qualify as a employer or agent so cannot employ me
The transfer was from Company A h1 to Company B h1 not from university h1 to compnay B h1
The transfer was from Company A h1 to Company B h1 not from university h1 to compnay B h1
more...
rajev_kk
07-14 11:17 PM
Thanks for the information.
miththoo
08-22 05:08 PM
Does it invalidate the old I-140 if the PD is recaptured for the new I-140 ? I mean what happens to the old I-140 ? May we still use it in future if for some reason the new I-140 does not work out ?
more...
AB1275
12-17 12:42 PM
I had posted my query on another thread but thought of creating a new one with all the updates.
My priority date is Feb 26, 2008 and I-140 mid 2008.
It was applied under EB2 category (Masters Degree). Currently, I'm on the 5th yr of my H1. My 6th year starts in Feb 2009.
Had received an RFE to which we responded but it still got denied On Dec 3, 2008. I didn't read the RFE but the lawyer said they have requested for Audited Financial statements of 2007 which my company does not have. The main reason for the denial was that the company has a loss and we did not provide Audited statements for 2007. I wasn�t being paid per the prevailing rate in 2007. So I couldn�t provide W-2 for 2007.
My lawyer suggested that we appeal the denial and start a new PERM in EB3 category through the same company.
She also suggested that in the appeal we show that I am being paid per the prevailing in 2008 since my priority date is in 2008. I have to respond to the Denial by Dec 30th but I will not have my W-2 by then. Am not in a position to provide pay stubs since the difference in pay is an adjustment in Dec.
My question to you all are:
1. Are these my only option to make sure I can renew my H1 after the 6th
year?
2. How long does an appeal take to respond?
3. Is appeal my only way out? Can I request for a
Motion to Re-open/Reconsider by Dec 30th and submit the W-2 in
Jan 2009?
4. If I show the prevailing wage of EB2 and I am filing another PERM in EB3,
will that be a problem?
5. At what stage of the green card process should I be in to be eligible for
my H1 to be extended after my 6th year?
6. Any other issues that might come up?
Thanks!
My priority date is Feb 26, 2008 and I-140 mid 2008.
It was applied under EB2 category (Masters Degree). Currently, I'm on the 5th yr of my H1. My 6th year starts in Feb 2009.
Had received an RFE to which we responded but it still got denied On Dec 3, 2008. I didn't read the RFE but the lawyer said they have requested for Audited Financial statements of 2007 which my company does not have. The main reason for the denial was that the company has a loss and we did not provide Audited statements for 2007. I wasn�t being paid per the prevailing rate in 2007. So I couldn�t provide W-2 for 2007.
My lawyer suggested that we appeal the denial and start a new PERM in EB3 category through the same company.
She also suggested that in the appeal we show that I am being paid per the prevailing in 2008 since my priority date is in 2008. I have to respond to the Denial by Dec 30th but I will not have my W-2 by then. Am not in a position to provide pay stubs since the difference in pay is an adjustment in Dec.
My question to you all are:
1. Are these my only option to make sure I can renew my H1 after the 6th
year?
2. How long does an appeal take to respond?
3. Is appeal my only way out? Can I request for a
Motion to Re-open/Reconsider by Dec 30th and submit the W-2 in
Jan 2009?
4. If I show the prevailing wage of EB2 and I am filing another PERM in EB3,
will that be a problem?
5. At what stage of the green card process should I be in to be eligible for
my H1 to be extended after my 6th year?
6. Any other issues that might come up?
Thanks!
2010 emo hairstyles for girls with
tnite
06-18 11:59 AM
Hi Guys:
Had some questions with regards to my actual 485 form.
situation:
2000-2003 -F1 (never out of status/ visa stamped in 2000 in bombay)
2003-2004 - OPT
2004-2007 - 1st H1 (never got it stamped)
2007-2010 - 2nd H1 (stamped last month in canada)
PART 3
Place of Last Entry Into the United States (City/State)
What should i put over here? I did not get an arrival stamp when i came back from canada last month after stamping. all the immigration officer did was tear the bottom portion of the h1b approval and staple it to the passport. he said that was my I-94
Consult a lawyer.
I personally think putting your canadian vist as the last place of entry might not show up in records as no stamping took place and also the I94 part which is taken by the customs and sent to INS in kentucky did not happen in your case. So when USCIS checks u'r I94, all they will see is the date in 2000 when you came to US.
In your case since you jumped from F1 to H1B via OPT you might not have had any gaps in chaging status and USCIS did not ask you to leave the country for gettting the H1B stamped(Change of status was approved )
This situation of yours hinges on technicality and better talk to a lawyer.
Had some questions with regards to my actual 485 form.
situation:
2000-2003 -F1 (never out of status/ visa stamped in 2000 in bombay)
2003-2004 - OPT
2004-2007 - 1st H1 (never got it stamped)
2007-2010 - 2nd H1 (stamped last month in canada)
PART 3
Place of Last Entry Into the United States (City/State)
What should i put over here? I did not get an arrival stamp when i came back from canada last month after stamping. all the immigration officer did was tear the bottom portion of the h1b approval and staple it to the passport. he said that was my I-94
Consult a lawyer.
I personally think putting your canadian vist as the last place of entry might not show up in records as no stamping took place and also the I94 part which is taken by the customs and sent to INS in kentucky did not happen in your case. So when USCIS checks u'r I94, all they will see is the date in 2000 when you came to US.
In your case since you jumped from F1 to H1B via OPT you might not have had any gaps in chaging status and USCIS did not ask you to leave the country for gettting the H1B stamped(Change of status was approved )
This situation of yours hinges on technicality and better talk to a lawyer.
more...
crystal
12-06 09:33 AM
NSC people have gotten 3 copies. but I think both TSC and CSC people have gotten only 2 copies. There is no need to worry I guess.
I just have 2 copies of AP.....should I have gotten 3????.
Please advise
I just have 2 copies of AP.....should I have gotten 3????.
Please advise
hair Gothic Hairstyles
njboy
06-09 11:35 AM
bottom line is guys..they've figured out a cash cow, and will milk it..can a person on H1B afford 5 months of waiting for renewal/job change extension? What if there is an emergency at home? there's always a solution, beg the company to pay $1000.00 and convert it into premium process. What if the company does not want to? You are sc***ed! The waste products are going to hit the overhead air circulation device once they start processing the 13 mil. illegal immigrants.
more...

Rb_newsletter
02-22 03:14 PM
just curious. Are you working for a consulting company?
hot how about this girls hairstyle
morchu
04-23 01:06 PM
I know it is a loss in priority date. But my point is: "does fighting with the lawyer, give him his time back?" In fact by that he is loosing his valuable time and energy further.
If there is "ANY" method to get his "LC" approved with the same priority date, I totally agree he should do that.
That is what I mean by "focus on your goal". If your goal is to fight with lawyer for a cause, just do it. You will at least feel happy that you did the right thing, whatever you felt right.
Also "you pay the lawyer to represent you and to do things for you". The "payment" is not for a 100% error-free service. It is always back on your shoulder to make sure the lawyer is doing the right thing. Many of you may not agree, but that is my view. It is just a service. Not an "error-free-guaranteed" service.
morchu, people like you who put their tail between their legs are the reason some are stuck in retrogression and exploited by our employers and have to face some unprofessional and bad lawyers.
yes you can file a complaint against the lawyer and his license will be revoked. See
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/HOW_TO_REPORT_A_BAD_IMMIGRATION_LAWYER
Just because your labor is cleared you have no feelings for the person on this thread who had to wait for 2 years. Can anyone give him back his lost time?
If there is "ANY" method to get his "LC" approved with the same priority date, I totally agree he should do that.
That is what I mean by "focus on your goal". If your goal is to fight with lawyer for a cause, just do it. You will at least feel happy that you did the right thing, whatever you felt right.
Also "you pay the lawyer to represent you and to do things for you". The "payment" is not for a 100% error-free service. It is always back on your shoulder to make sure the lawyer is doing the right thing. Many of you may not agree, but that is my view. It is just a service. Not an "error-free-guaranteed" service.
morchu, people like you who put their tail between their legs are the reason some are stuck in retrogression and exploited by our employers and have to face some unprofessional and bad lawyers.
yes you can file a complaint against the lawyer and his license will be revoked. See
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/HOW_TO_REPORT_A_BAD_IMMIGRATION_LAWYER
Just because your labor is cleared you have no feelings for the person on this thread who had to wait for 2 years. Can anyone give him back his lost time?
more...
house Emo Girls Hairstyles

Gravitation
06-04 10:11 AM
Morning business @ 2:30 p.m. ??
morning business - Routine business that is supposed to occur during the first two hours of a new legislative day. This business includes receiving messages from the President and from the House of Representatives, reports from executive branch officials, petitions from citizens, memorials from States, and committee reports, and the introduction of bills and submission of resolutions. In practice, the Senate often does this business instead by unanimous consent at other convenient points in the day.
Reference:
http://www.senate.gov/reference/glossary_term/morning_business.htm
morning business - Routine business that is supposed to occur during the first two hours of a new legislative day. This business includes receiving messages from the President and from the House of Representatives, reports from executive branch officials, petitions from citizens, memorials from States, and committee reports, and the introduction of bills and submission of resolutions. In practice, the Senate often does this business instead by unanimous consent at other convenient points in the day.
Reference:
http://www.senate.gov/reference/glossary_term/morning_business.htm
tattoo cyber goth hairstyles
golgappa
10-17 09:51 PM
rb_248, I am in the similar situation if you dont mind can you share your lawyers details, seems to be very experienced lawyer..
more...
pictures emo haircuts for girls 2010.
Ann Ruben
04-17 12:22 PM
As you understand there is no magic correct solution to this situation, but, whichever decision you make about which line your mother-in-law stands in, she should be well prepared to document her intention to return to her home abroad after her visit to the US. Documents she should be prepared to show could include: proof of home ownership or long term lease abroad, proof of bank accounts abroad, proof of car ownership abroad, fixed date return ticket, proof of family abroad--husband and/or other children/grandchildren, proof of some specific event she plans to attend abroad such as wedding or other invitations, etc.
dresses haircuts of the eightys
deecha
08-06 10:35 AM
I have a EB2 - I140 (PERM) pending at Texas from 06/2006 and another EB3-I140 (RIR) pending from 06/2007. When my lawyer filed the EB2-I140, he filed it with a copy of labor from DOL (not original hard copy). He says he did not know it would cause such a delay. My EB3-I140 however was filed on labor approved from the Dallas BEC. It was filed with the original copy of labor. Are there any people like me, who have endured a long wait because they did not have the original labor ? Please post your experiences here .......
more...
makeup very short hairstyles for
kondur_007
08-21 06:28 PM
I have a strange situation where I was thinking of AC21 all the while since January (Jul 02 Filer, TSC with Receipt# SRC 0722...).
Now, I finally made my mind and about to get an offer (after labor day, they say).
The lawyer says "don't think about AC21 now, because most probably your GC will be here within 3 months"
My PD is July 31st, 2006.
Dilemma: I don't want to screw up (or stretch the case un-necessarily) by changing employment just in case if there is an RFE. But then, I have to stay with my current employer for 6+ months AFTER GC as well, to be able to prove "permanent employment" intent.
please advise if the timing (within 3 months) makes sense.
Please also shed light on the permanent intent thing .
Many thanks
I am not a lawyer, but this is my honest opinion:
If your I140 is approved, go ahead and do AC21. On a long run you will be much better off. Odds are, your GC will take a while and you will get stuck with an employer you dont want to work with long term. So go ahead and do AC21 ASAP before GC gets approved. As long as you invoke AC21 (date when you mail AC21 papers to USCIS or document it with your lawyer or accept the new job) BEFORE the approval of you GC, you will just be fine.
Good Luck.
Now, I finally made my mind and about to get an offer (after labor day, they say).
The lawyer says "don't think about AC21 now, because most probably your GC will be here within 3 months"
My PD is July 31st, 2006.
Dilemma: I don't want to screw up (or stretch the case un-necessarily) by changing employment just in case if there is an RFE. But then, I have to stay with my current employer for 6+ months AFTER GC as well, to be able to prove "permanent employment" intent.
please advise if the timing (within 3 months) makes sense.
Please also shed light on the permanent intent thing .
Many thanks
I am not a lawyer, but this is my honest opinion:
If your I140 is approved, go ahead and do AC21. On a long run you will be much better off. Odds are, your GC will take a while and you will get stuck with an employer you dont want to work with long term. So go ahead and do AC21 ASAP before GC gets approved. As long as you invoke AC21 (date when you mail AC21 papers to USCIS or document it with your lawyer or accept the new job) BEFORE the approval of you GC, you will just be fine.
Good Luck.
girlfriend Gothic hairstyles for Girls
webm
05-29 03:47 PM
I didn't file G-28 form since I was filing myself. Isn't G-28 only required if some one else is representing you?
I've got the receipt notices for EAD as well. Will see what happens next.
In this case you don't need G-28.
I've got the receipt notices for EAD as well. Will see what happens next.
In this case you don't need G-28.
hairstyles Emo Girls long emo hairstyle
tnite
08-03 10:28 PM
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ReceiptingTimes080307.pdf
Per this press note, Nebraska has issued receipts for I-485 upto July 11 and Texas 26th June....
maybe they meant 07/1/2007
Per this press note, Nebraska has issued receipts for I-485 upto July 11 and Texas 26th June....
maybe they meant 07/1/2007
belmontboy
04-30 12:13 PM
We are a small group, and most of our provisions are reasonable, and hopefully we can get our provisions passed. I wish the same for the undocumented too. If it happens in one bill all the better!
Right.
But Mr Gutierrez thinks otherwise. Hispanic Democrats know very well that if Legals get any reprieve, then the fate of undocumented provisions is for sure dead. That's why all legal provisions have been held hostage.
Unfortunately, legal immigration doesnot have any representation in the senate to work for our interests.
Suprisingly, majority of the Americans favor legal immigration over undocumented, and any legal provisions will have public support. A few senators are playing dirty politics and holding thousands of legalites ransom. If CIR fails, I would hope/pray these Hispanic Democrats don't get elected in mid-term so that we can move forward
Right.
But Mr Gutierrez thinks otherwise. Hispanic Democrats know very well that if Legals get any reprieve, then the fate of undocumented provisions is for sure dead. That's why all legal provisions have been held hostage.
Unfortunately, legal immigration doesnot have any representation in the senate to work for our interests.
Suprisingly, majority of the Americans favor legal immigration over undocumented, and any legal provisions will have public support. A few senators are playing dirty politics and holding thousands of legalites ransom. If CIR fails, I would hope/pray these Hispanic Democrats don't get elected in mid-term so that we can move forward
CatsintheCraddle
05-04 01:14 PM
My I-485 was denied April 14. USCIS said I only sent them a partial answer to their request for evidence.
I filed for I-485 and I-130 in Nov. 2008 and in December we had to resend all mine, my husband (sponsor) and my cosponsor's tax info. which we did. My case was resumed but I never received my EAD. I contacted the USCIS regarding this and they responded with another RFE; they needed my cosponsor's tax. info again. We resend the exact same things as we did in December and in the meantime I contact my senator and the ombudsman who both look into the case and tell me the USCIS has promised to respond to me a.s.a.p.
USCIS's response: My I-485 has been denied, my cosponsor did not send in all his tax info. My cosponsor, who has an identical copy of everything he has sent now three times (everything was in the original application in Nov. too) says it is all there. The USCIS wants us to file for a motion to reopen the case which costs $585. To me this is ridiculous; I originally lost my job (I was working under OPT) becuase they kept delaying my case, and now they want more money? I know it's my word against theirs but we are considering applying for the motion to reopen but was wondering how long do they have to accept or deny this. Also, we are submitting a waiver for the fee due to my husband also being unemployed at the moment and need our savings if we have to leave the country but are wondering if we can also send a check along with the waiver in case they won't waive the fee. They denied the case on April 14, 2009 but did not mail the letter out until the april 23 - we now have less than a week to file for a motion.
Please, if anyone has any experience with filing a motion let us know about it.
I filed for I-485 and I-130 in Nov. 2008 and in December we had to resend all mine, my husband (sponsor) and my cosponsor's tax info. which we did. My case was resumed but I never received my EAD. I contacted the USCIS regarding this and they responded with another RFE; they needed my cosponsor's tax. info again. We resend the exact same things as we did in December and in the meantime I contact my senator and the ombudsman who both look into the case and tell me the USCIS has promised to respond to me a.s.a.p.
USCIS's response: My I-485 has been denied, my cosponsor did not send in all his tax info. My cosponsor, who has an identical copy of everything he has sent now three times (everything was in the original application in Nov. too) says it is all there. The USCIS wants us to file for a motion to reopen the case which costs $585. To me this is ridiculous; I originally lost my job (I was working under OPT) becuase they kept delaying my case, and now they want more money? I know it's my word against theirs but we are considering applying for the motion to reopen but was wondering how long do they have to accept or deny this. Also, we are submitting a waiver for the fee due to my husband also being unemployed at the moment and need our savings if we have to leave the country but are wondering if we can also send a check along with the waiver in case they won't waive the fee. They denied the case on April 14, 2009 but did not mail the letter out until the april 23 - we now have less than a week to file for a motion.
Please, if anyone has any experience with filing a motion let us know about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment