tabletpc
08-27 11:46 AM
I was under a foolish assumption that with pendidng PR for canada i can't appy for visitors visa. Good that i decided to clarify here.
Will start working towards it....
Thank U ALL....
Will start working towards it....
Thank U ALL....
wallpaper Journey to the Center of the
MAEB2TR
09-04 10:42 AM
I heard that too. If your attorney feels confident, then proceed with the filing.
man-woman-and-gc
03-09 09:27 PM
ne1???
2011 Journey to the Center of the
apb
09-11 02:47 PM
I also know one more with PD dec/03 and waiting
more...
Robert Kumar
01-03 08:51 AM
SEVIS applies to F, M and J nonimmigrant students irrespective of undergraduate or graduate studies. I don't think Robert Kumar should consider F1, because he already has AOS pending status and not considered a nonimmigrant student anymore. Its no different than a permanent resident applying for a F1 visa. BTW, I took more than 18 credits in year 2010 @ resident tuition rate with my I-485 receipt, and received federal student loan as an eligible non-citizen with my AP stamp on passport. From what I heard on this forum, some universities are reluctant in considering AOS for resident tuition rate, but one can get help from the justice department in such cases. Here in Arizona all state universities accept AOS as equivalent status of a permanent resident.
All,
Thank you.
So are you saying I can join school, not get paid by employer during full time study of MBA and still maintain status. And will not face any problem in my 485 approval.
And that I dont need to change to F1 status. I really dont need aid. I'm ok with paying my tuition, as long as my status is maintained.
My EB3 will take some more time.
All,
Thank you.
So are you saying I can join school, not get paid by employer during full time study of MBA and still maintain status. And will not face any problem in my 485 approval.
And that I dont need to change to F1 status. I really dont need aid. I'm ok with paying my tuition, as long as my status is maintained.
My EB3 will take some more time.
abhisam
07-09 11:50 AM
I am working on EAD which expires on 10th Septempber 2008. I filed for my EAD on 25th June, 2008 and with the current processing dates at Nebraska, my guess is that I wont recieve my EAD until later September/early October.
Will I have to stop working for the period when I dont have my EAD? My employer is very co-operative and will bear with me. But what are my options?
My husband is the primary applicant of our 485 petition, so we wont have any issues of going out of status.
I would really appreciate your advice on this.
Will I have to stop working for the period when I dont have my EAD? My employer is very co-operative and will bear with me. But what are my options?
My husband is the primary applicant of our 485 petition, so we wont have any issues of going out of status.
I would really appreciate your advice on this.
more...
gc28262
03-11 09:28 AM
I had the same issue. Still awaiting my AP which was applied in Nov 2008.
When I called up TSC where my application was filed, they kept insisting that they have really mailed it and they cannot issue it again unless they receive the AP saying it is undelivered.
I am sure my address is correct as per their records. I got my EAD delivered at the same address without any issue.
Finally I called them again, this time I talked to a more knowledgeable accommodating IO.
Keep calling the service center till you get an instruction similar to the following.
This is the instruction provided
----------------------------------------------------------
Fill out I-131 Application or use the copy of your original application
attach two photos
Mention the receipt no on the top of the form
Also mention REPLACEMENT : no Fees included
Add a covering letter explaining the situation
Post it to the following address
USCIS Texas Service Center
ADDRESS ( This is a special address, This not the standard USCIS address)
On Lower Left corner of the envelope mention:
do Not open in the mail room, No fees are attached
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am still awaiting my AP after doing this. :confused:
When I called up TSC where my application was filed, they kept insisting that they have really mailed it and they cannot issue it again unless they receive the AP saying it is undelivered.
I am sure my address is correct as per their records. I got my EAD delivered at the same address without any issue.
Finally I called them again, this time I talked to a more knowledgeable accommodating IO.
Keep calling the service center till you get an instruction similar to the following.
This is the instruction provided
----------------------------------------------------------
Fill out I-131 Application or use the copy of your original application
attach two photos
Mention the receipt no on the top of the form
Also mention REPLACEMENT : no Fees included
Add a covering letter explaining the situation
Post it to the following address
USCIS Texas Service Center
ADDRESS ( This is a special address, This not the standard USCIS address)
On Lower Left corner of the envelope mention:
do Not open in the mail room, No fees are attached
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am still awaiting my AP after doing this. :confused:
2010 Journey to the center of the
mbartosik
03-28 11:10 AM
For nationality/changeability a ROW category is needed.
more...
tonyHK12
11-24 10:10 AM
The critical mass drives the unity. The indian community is lot lot smaller and even if united it will lack the critical mass. That itself drives them to persue individual subgroup interest by joing other interest groups thereby disuniting. The 90s was the period when
hispanic community got united especially after Pete Wilson in Califonia and in US. There was major naturalization drive and voting effort.
Yes true, besides we as a crowd are generally very diverse among ourselves.Well the 1986 amnesty did give them a lot of motivation to come together.
More reasons for motivation
Net jump in value of an illegal jumping the border = $20,000-$60,000+ a year 100%-500%+++
Net benefit to legal after GC = $500-$5000 a year 1-5%
hispanic community got united especially after Pete Wilson in Califonia and in US. There was major naturalization drive and voting effort.
Yes true, besides we as a crowd are generally very diverse among ourselves.Well the 1986 amnesty did give them a lot of motivation to come together.
More reasons for motivation
Net jump in value of an illegal jumping the border = $20,000-$60,000+ a year 100%-500%+++
Net benefit to legal after GC = $500-$5000 a year 1-5%
hair Journey to the Center of
help43
09-10 09:02 PM
I Have H1-B Approval but I dont have I94 with it.
Actually my H1-B valid from October 1st.
I went to my friends consultancy, those people said like you can work for any employer in OPT Status. So they want to run my paystubs up to september 1st 2008.Once I got the H1-B they want to run my paystubs from another company(througth Which i applied My h1-b).
Now I got the h1-b approval but i didnt get the new i-94 with it. And my previous employer ready to run paystubs with new h1-b company.
My OPT expiration date is on dec 29 2008.I am planning to go to consulate in the month of November 2008.
Please help me out what do i need to
1) Which Country i need to go?(Canada, INDIA or Mexico)
2) What documents i need to take?
Actually my H1-B valid from October 1st.
I went to my friends consultancy, those people said like you can work for any employer in OPT Status. So they want to run my paystubs up to september 1st 2008.Once I got the H1-B they want to run my paystubs from another company(througth Which i applied My h1-b).
Now I got the h1-b approval but i didnt get the new i-94 with it. And my previous employer ready to run paystubs with new h1-b company.
My OPT expiration date is on dec 29 2008.I am planning to go to consulate in the month of November 2008.
Please help me out what do i need to
1) Which Country i need to go?(Canada, INDIA or Mexico)
2) What documents i need to take?
more...
alien2006
08-23 12:34 PM
knowDOL, thanks for the info, will keep it in mind.
hot Journey to the Center of the
dontcareanymore
08-24 11:50 AM
I lost the hope of GC after working 10 years in US because my GC is not approving.
Is it possible to file case against my employer and ask to return money that they deduct from me for GC and the % that they earned from me in last 8 years. I joined my employer for smooth GC process but even my I140 is not approved. My labor went to backlog. Once labor approved than I140 is pending for last 30 months. USCIS is trying to find out that my company is legitimate or not.
Do not argue how I know that I140 is pending because of company. Please let what is process to inform USCIS about my employer. My company files GC so that no one should leave the company. Employer gives hope about GC but I140 never approves. What all evidence I have to collect so that I can prove against my employer. Please suggest.
Settle down. You seem frustrated and perhaps justifiably so. But you are trying to blame every thing on the employer ( I am in no way trying to support fraudulent employers as much as I don't support fraudulent employees).
I did not check your PD. You will get your day....stay calm.
At least based on your post you agreed to get a percentage of your billing rate and agreed to pay for the GC expenses. [I don't think it is illegal (now) for employees to pay for GC expenses]. Your employer does not have control on how long the process would take and apparently they had spent money processing your GC.
Based on the facts you gave :
1) Your employer has been paying more than the salary mentioned in your contract.
2) You don't have any proof that you paid them for GC process.
3) You did not provide any information that suggests they are willfully delaying your case.
What do you think are the grounds on which you can go against them ? I guess you are free to leave the company any time if you think you are making too much money for them, and you want to take full advantage of your skills by going elsewhere....
Is it possible to file case against my employer and ask to return money that they deduct from me for GC and the % that they earned from me in last 8 years. I joined my employer for smooth GC process but even my I140 is not approved. My labor went to backlog. Once labor approved than I140 is pending for last 30 months. USCIS is trying to find out that my company is legitimate or not.
Do not argue how I know that I140 is pending because of company. Please let what is process to inform USCIS about my employer. My company files GC so that no one should leave the company. Employer gives hope about GC but I140 never approves. What all evidence I have to collect so that I can prove against my employer. Please suggest.
Settle down. You seem frustrated and perhaps justifiably so. But you are trying to blame every thing on the employer ( I am in no way trying to support fraudulent employers as much as I don't support fraudulent employees).
I did not check your PD. You will get your day....stay calm.
At least based on your post you agreed to get a percentage of your billing rate and agreed to pay for the GC expenses. [I don't think it is illegal (now) for employees to pay for GC expenses]. Your employer does not have control on how long the process would take and apparently they had spent money processing your GC.
Based on the facts you gave :
1) Your employer has been paying more than the salary mentioned in your contract.
2) You don't have any proof that you paid them for GC process.
3) You did not provide any information that suggests they are willfully delaying your case.
What do you think are the grounds on which you can go against them ? I guess you are free to leave the company any time if you think you are making too much money for them, and you want to take full advantage of your skills by going elsewhere....
more...
house Journey to the Center of the
yabayaba
10-11 10:35 AM
It not the right time to start campaign. All policians will be busy in elections an they may not hear waht we say. After elections may be the right time to do.
tattoo Titles: Journey to the Center
milind70
04-01 05:58 PM
Folks,
I checked my status online today (4/1/2008) and this is what it says:
"On December 13, 2007, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent."
I had subscribed to email notification, but I didn't get any email in december :confused: . It has been 3.5 months since that notice.. So I am little tensed.
My Situation:
PD - Feb-2005
Labor - Approved
I-140 - Approved
I-485 - Address mistake, filed the address correction on 9/18/2008 and got the confirmation in the mail that the address was changed.
I immediately called the number listed and opened a SR for this. The CSR said he cannot look at my file to see what address is listed. I am not sure how I can get to a Level 2 IO ?
So I am not sure, what notice was sent and where ? Is there anything else I can do ? Will InfoPass help ?
I am thinking that it might be the FP appointment but I am not sure.
-Bipin
I and my wife had applied online for our EADs in Nov2007 , we got our EAD RN in a week time but in Jan i got FP notice for EAD and Jan 19 2008 my EAD got approved and mailed as per the online status , but when i checked for my wifes status it said notice returned undeliverable . My wife wrote to to the service centre with copies of her 485 FP, EAD RN which had the same address as well as a copy of the EAD application showing the same address as well as to the local Post Office as to why this was returned as undeliverable when all the other notices were fine . We did fedex these applications overnight and two days the online status changed as card approved and she got her EAD on Jan 30th or so.
I would suggest if this is a mistake of USPS who have returned the notice even though the address is correct write to USCIS with copies of earlier notices with the same address and request them to resend and to USPS asking as to why the notice was returned as underlivered where as earlier other notices were delivered.
It worked for us , we did not get into the hassle of calling Customer Support and taking infopass and going to Local office as these are pretty cumbersome and time consuming. It did cost us 14 dollars for express mail via USPS but apart from that it was fine and it worked. Hope our experience helps
I checked my status online today (4/1/2008) and this is what it says:
"On December 13, 2007, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent."
I had subscribed to email notification, but I didn't get any email in december :confused: . It has been 3.5 months since that notice.. So I am little tensed.
My Situation:
PD - Feb-2005
Labor - Approved
I-140 - Approved
I-485 - Address mistake, filed the address correction on 9/18/2008 and got the confirmation in the mail that the address was changed.
I immediately called the number listed and opened a SR for this. The CSR said he cannot look at my file to see what address is listed. I am not sure how I can get to a Level 2 IO ?
So I am not sure, what notice was sent and where ? Is there anything else I can do ? Will InfoPass help ?
I am thinking that it might be the FP appointment but I am not sure.
-Bipin
I and my wife had applied online for our EADs in Nov2007 , we got our EAD RN in a week time but in Jan i got FP notice for EAD and Jan 19 2008 my EAD got approved and mailed as per the online status , but when i checked for my wifes status it said notice returned undeliverable . My wife wrote to to the service centre with copies of her 485 FP, EAD RN which had the same address as well as a copy of the EAD application showing the same address as well as to the local Post Office as to why this was returned as undeliverable when all the other notices were fine . We did fedex these applications overnight and two days the online status changed as card approved and she got her EAD on Jan 30th or so.
I would suggest if this is a mistake of USPS who have returned the notice even though the address is correct write to USCIS with copies of earlier notices with the same address and request them to resend and to USPS asking as to why the notice was returned as underlivered where as earlier other notices were delivered.
It worked for us , we did not get into the hassle of calling Customer Support and taking infopass and going to Local office as these are pretty cumbersome and time consuming. It did cost us 14 dollars for express mail via USPS but apart from that it was fine and it worked. Hope our experience helps
more...
pictures Journey to the Center of the
haifromsk@yahoo.com
10-15 04:00 PM
if RFE for w-2 USCIC will come to know- might not be the only way for USCIC to know
dresses Journey to the Center of the
shivaniraina
07-21 02:20 PM
You are exempt from the cap:) . Your immigration lawyer can confirm this.
I was on HIB till 2005. I quit my job sometime last year as I was pregnant and we moved to another city. I went back to a new job/new company/new HIB early this year even though quota was exhausted. However, i had no problem is getting the approval as people holding HIB previously in 6 years do not count under quota. The only difference is that you will have to wait for the approval before you join new job unlike visa transfer. I had consulted several lawyers before i decided to quit my job.
I was on HIB till 2005. I quit my job sometime last year as I was pregnant and we moved to another city. I went back to a new job/new company/new HIB early this year even though quota was exhausted. However, i had no problem is getting the approval as people holding HIB previously in 6 years do not count under quota. The only difference is that you will have to wait for the approval before you join new job unlike visa transfer. I had consulted several lawyers before i decided to quit my job.
more...
makeup us poster from Journey to the
gccube
04-08 10:07 AM
Please see my signature for other details.
girlfriend Journey To The Center Of The
kumarc123
05-11 09:50 AM
I think the only language that US understands is lawsuit otherwise everything is unfair. You can see that is why there is a lawsuit culture here. Every agency govt and non govt tries to cheat you be it car rental agency, be it movers be it USCIS. By default everything is taken moral in US unless proven by lawsuit or dictated by law.
Even if we loose lawsuit, it will make impact in the sense that the issue will get a lot of publicity. I am willing to donate to IV but not for nothing, not for flowers, not protests not for this forum either, I am willing to donate if there is some rigid action to be taken like a lawsuit.
I agree with you 100% over there, I am up for a lawsuit and a rally. Problem is, so many of the members here are all talk and no walk (Not IV Core members, no disrespect to them). I have sent so many letters,made soo many calls, specially at the time when Lofgreen was talking about recapture of visa numbers. In the end I got frusturated.
Illegals are better than us, imagine if EAD had not happened? A lot of members would be united to fight the cause.
Unification is very important. Above all doing something big rather than just talking about it!
Even if we loose lawsuit, it will make impact in the sense that the issue will get a lot of publicity. I am willing to donate to IV but not for nothing, not for flowers, not protests not for this forum either, I am willing to donate if there is some rigid action to be taken like a lawsuit.
I agree with you 100% over there, I am up for a lawsuit and a rally. Problem is, so many of the members here are all talk and no walk (Not IV Core members, no disrespect to them). I have sent so many letters,made soo many calls, specially at the time when Lofgreen was talking about recapture of visa numbers. In the end I got frusturated.
Illegals are better than us, imagine if EAD had not happened? A lot of members would be united to fight the cause.
Unification is very important. Above all doing something big rather than just talking about it!
hairstyles Journey to the Center of the
somegchuh
10-26 01:11 PM
I hope they mail it back because that's something I definitely need. I didn't know they will look at my I797. I wish I had known this before my wife went for visa stamping. There's alway a new kink, isn't it :-)
My wife had her visa stamped in Bombay consulate - and during the interview they asked to see the I797 - but i had instructed her to ask for it back and she specifically asked the officer if she could have it back because I needed it - and he promptly gave it.
maybe Delhi Consulate works differently. Hopefully they will mail you back the 797 notice with the passport.
My wife had her visa stamped in Bombay consulate - and during the interview they asked to see the I797 - but i had instructed her to ask for it back and she specifically asked the officer if she could have it back because I needed it - and he promptly gave it.
maybe Delhi Consulate works differently. Hopefully they will mail you back the 797 notice with the passport.
dpp
04-23 03:59 PM
There is no Dead zone as such. They accepted all the applications received from July 2nd to Aug 17th. They have taken back the notice that they issued on July 2nd. So, they should accept all applications received in between the above period.
Yeah I understand the (convoluted!) concept of processing date....And in fact, that definition does not even hold good due to the retrogressions we have been seeing in Processing dates as well which should not be happening as per definition.
Anyway, I would have expected either a July 2 or July 17th... (skipping the zone in between). A July 11th indicates that they are currently processing some cases with that RD and everything else before that has been atleast 'touched'.
But as I mentioned in my post, there may be cases filed during that 'dead zone' as well.
Yeah I understand the (convoluted!) concept of processing date....And in fact, that definition does not even hold good due to the retrogressions we have been seeing in Processing dates as well which should not be happening as per definition.
Anyway, I would have expected either a July 2 or July 17th... (skipping the zone in between). A July 11th indicates that they are currently processing some cases with that RD and everything else before that has been atleast 'touched'.
But as I mentioned in my post, there may be cases filed during that 'dead zone' as well.
xbohdpukc
09-25 11:59 AM
The Immigration Nationality Act does not say specifically that h4 time is added towards h1 time. It is the way laws interpreted by uscis that states h4 time counted towards H1. USCIS can change their interpretation by merely issuing a memo.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=454&page=3
see this thread.
Maybe it is a good idea to contact the Ombudsman about this issue.
I'm not a lawyer, but my assumption would be that this is cannot be changed by an USCIS memo. Why? Because H4 is simply a derivative status which means that it obeys all the rules pertinent to the primary beneficiary's status plus additional restrictions imposed to the particular classification by law. H status is restricted to 6 year continuous presence in the US.
It would be helpful to find the definition of a derivative status; INA does not provide such definition, but I'm sure they wouldn't be using these words loosely without a proper definition.
So my guess would be is that the answer to the question of "decoupling" H4 and H1b time will boil down to the answer to another question: what really defines a derivative status.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=454&page=3
see this thread.
Maybe it is a good idea to contact the Ombudsman about this issue.
I'm not a lawyer, but my assumption would be that this is cannot be changed by an USCIS memo. Why? Because H4 is simply a derivative status which means that it obeys all the rules pertinent to the primary beneficiary's status plus additional restrictions imposed to the particular classification by law. H status is restricted to 6 year continuous presence in the US.
It would be helpful to find the definition of a derivative status; INA does not provide such definition, but I'm sure they wouldn't be using these words loosely without a proper definition.
So my guess would be is that the answer to the question of "decoupling" H4 and H1b time will boil down to the answer to another question: what really defines a derivative status.
No comments:
Post a Comment