sunny1000
10-09 08:29 PM
I would appreciate if someone can help me with a link to how to post this question as a new post. I do not want to hijack this thread :o
goto "forums" on the top left (next to "home"). Once in the "forums" page, click on "Non-immigrant visa"->"all drivers license issues posted here" and post your query.
hope that helps.
goto "forums" on the top left (next to "home"). Once in the "forums" page, click on "Non-immigrant visa"->"all drivers license issues posted here" and post your query.
hope that helps.
wallpaper Silver And Blue Stars
pappu
06-07 01:40 PM
can't make it to DC, made a contribution.
Transaction ID: 94R50453J99520901
Good Luck !!!
Thanks
Transaction ID: 94R50453J99520901
Good Luck !!!
Thanks
whiteStallion
06-16 06:48 PM
I am not sure about six months ... That is only when you file 485 and want to use AC21 to continue your GC process.
Once your I-140 is approved, then you lock the PD from that moment itself.
I140 + 6 months = Change your employer, file new PERM & then new I140 but you get to keep your old PD from old PERM. Is it not the case ?
Once your I-140 is approved, then you lock the PD from that moment itself.
I140 + 6 months = Change your employer, file new PERM & then new I140 but you get to keep your old PD from old PERM. Is it not the case ?
2011 Star of Life Medical Symbol
Berkeleybee
03-27 01:38 PM
nsnriv,
The idea of the IV forums is to discuss our agenda, and activities.
Individual cases and problems are best discussed on forums like Immigration Portal. You are sure to find help and advice there.
Good luck,
Berkeleybee
The idea of the IV forums is to discuss our agenda, and activities.
Individual cases and problems are best discussed on forums like Immigration Portal. You are sure to find help and advice there.
Good luck,
Berkeleybee
more...
VMH_GC
12-12 10:24 AM
I recently went to India and came back to US. At port of entry, the officer incorrectly put the date beyond my Visa expiry date in my copy of I-94 but in his copy he put the correct date. This confusion was largely due to the fact myself and mywife both are in h1b with two differenet expiry dates. Now my question is, will it be a problem? do i have to report this? Please let me know.
Thanks
VMH
Thanks
VMH
krishna_brc
02-09 05:17 PM
Link - The link is not working..
Krishna/Sri, could you give me the correct link.
Thanks Krishna / Sri for very useful information. I will try this option before the other ones.
Thank you very much.
"www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/deferred_inspection"
Thanks,
Krishna
Krishna/Sri, could you give me the correct link.
Thanks Krishna / Sri for very useful information. I will try this option before the other ones.
Thank you very much.
"www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/deferred_inspection"
Thanks,
Krishna
more...
tabletpc
10-17 02:14 PM
Surabhi,
Thanks for the detailed response...greatly apprecite it...!!!
These are all tax terms on which the contract is signed
Corp-corp - Between 2 corporations. From your point of view, you are represented by a corporation. The corporation gets paid from other corporation. Your payment can be W-2
Contract - W2. The client pays you directly on W-2. Most of the times, this doesnt have benefits.
Contract to Hire - W2 : Initially you'll start as W-2 contract. the client has right to hire you full time after a period, normally 3 -6 months.
Contract to Hire - Independent: YOu are starting off on 1099, but company has right to offer you full time on W-2 basis after a period.
If you are on H1, your relation with your employer is always W-2. So only corp-corp is applicable.
If you use EAD, its debatabe whether you can be on 1099.
Being on W-2 contract, you should still ensure your job conforms to AC-21
Thanks for the detailed response...greatly apprecite it...!!!
These are all tax terms on which the contract is signed
Corp-corp - Between 2 corporations. From your point of view, you are represented by a corporation. The corporation gets paid from other corporation. Your payment can be W-2
Contract - W2. The client pays you directly on W-2. Most of the times, this doesnt have benefits.
Contract to Hire - W2 : Initially you'll start as W-2 contract. the client has right to hire you full time after a period, normally 3 -6 months.
Contract to Hire - Independent: YOu are starting off on 1099, but company has right to offer you full time on W-2 basis after a period.
If you are on H1, your relation with your employer is always W-2. So only corp-corp is applicable.
If you use EAD, its debatabe whether you can be on 1099.
Being on W-2 contract, you should still ensure your job conforms to AC-21
2010 lue stars clipart. Red White And Blue Stars
eb3retro
12-11 01:03 PM
I was hired by my present company as a software engineer. I did development for 3 yrs and the company later moved me to a Business Analyst's role later. However, my labor application lists my job duties as s/w Engineer in a programmer's role.
Would I be able to use AC21? Do I need to find a s/w development job or can I join as BA as well? I am in a big predicament. Any help here is greatly appreciated.
hi mohit, my case is just the opposite, i joined as a Senior programmer, and my LC is filed as senior programmer and now I want to take up a job as a Business Analyst, not sure whether I can do it. See my case details in the signature. Thanks.
Would I be able to use AC21? Do I need to find a s/w development job or can I join as BA as well? I am in a big predicament. Any help here is greatly appreciated.
hi mohit, my case is just the opposite, i joined as a Senior programmer, and my LC is filed as senior programmer and now I want to take up a job as a Business Analyst, not sure whether I can do it. See my case details in the signature. Thanks.
more...
GCmuddu_H1BVaddu
05-20 10:46 AM
I have completed. :)
Thanks for the link...Btw are you taking the same class...:)
Thanks for the link...Btw are you taking the same class...:)
hair Happy Blue Crescent Moon Over
abhijitp
07-09 12:44 AM
Chindambaram's statement on HSMP rule change. Article has mention of H1B too.
This is why I think it is not such a bad idea. Yeah, there may be other reasons why IV core does not think this is a good idea.
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2007_01_30/uk/india_unhappy_about_immigration_policy.htm
30 January 2007
There are close cultural and economic ties between the The United Kingdom and India. However, the two Countries are at odds over immigration. The Indian Finance Minister, Palaniappan Chidambaram, has warned that Britain would be the "loser" if immigration laws are not relaxed to make it easier for Indians to work in the UK.
Since 5 December 2006 it has become more difficult for many overseas workers to obtain the coveted HSMP visa in the UK. This is a sore point between the two nations at a time when both are looking at forging closer economic ties. However, it should be noted that there is no quota on the number of skilled professionals allowed into the UK under the HSMP or work permit scheme.
Recent comments during a trip to India from Gordon Brown, UK's Chancellor of the Exchequer, about raising caps on foreign investment, were considered a bit absurd by some business commentators because his government had just made sweeping changes to the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), affecting several thousand Indians. Indians are the largest national group affected by the changes.
"Many knowledge workers could go abroad for three months, six months or a year and add to our exports, but they are constrained by a very restrictive visa regime and local tax laws," said Mr. Chidambaram.
"If a qualified professional from India is denied entry and that place is taken by a less qualified person from, say, Eastern Europe, surely the UK is the loser?"
Mr. Chidambaram's comment seems directed at various European Union policies to favor professionals from within the EU. One of the main aims of the EU is to make it possible for an EU citizen to work freely in any EU Country. Most EU Citizens have been able to benefit from the free movement provisions for many years.
A very similar line of reasoning is regularly put forth regarding the H-1B visa in the United States. Both the U.S. and the UK, along with all the most advanced western nations such as Canada, Australia and New Zealand, are aggressively competing for the most educated and skilled migrant workers from around the globe, regardless of country of origin. However, compared to employers in the other Countries, it is quite difficult for US employers to obtain a visa to employ skilled professionals in the US.
Mr. Chidambaram, 61, was educated at Harvard Business School and represents himself as a strong supporter of free trade.
This is why I think it is not such a bad idea. Yeah, there may be other reasons why IV core does not think this is a good idea.
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2007_01_30/uk/india_unhappy_about_immigration_policy.htm
30 January 2007
There are close cultural and economic ties between the The United Kingdom and India. However, the two Countries are at odds over immigration. The Indian Finance Minister, Palaniappan Chidambaram, has warned that Britain would be the "loser" if immigration laws are not relaxed to make it easier for Indians to work in the UK.
Since 5 December 2006 it has become more difficult for many overseas workers to obtain the coveted HSMP visa in the UK. This is a sore point between the two nations at a time when both are looking at forging closer economic ties. However, it should be noted that there is no quota on the number of skilled professionals allowed into the UK under the HSMP or work permit scheme.
Recent comments during a trip to India from Gordon Brown, UK's Chancellor of the Exchequer, about raising caps on foreign investment, were considered a bit absurd by some business commentators because his government had just made sweeping changes to the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), affecting several thousand Indians. Indians are the largest national group affected by the changes.
"Many knowledge workers could go abroad for three months, six months or a year and add to our exports, but they are constrained by a very restrictive visa regime and local tax laws," said Mr. Chidambaram.
"If a qualified professional from India is denied entry and that place is taken by a less qualified person from, say, Eastern Europe, surely the UK is the loser?"
Mr. Chidambaram's comment seems directed at various European Union policies to favor professionals from within the EU. One of the main aims of the EU is to make it possible for an EU citizen to work freely in any EU Country. Most EU Citizens have been able to benefit from the free movement provisions for many years.
A very similar line of reasoning is regularly put forth regarding the H-1B visa in the United States. Both the U.S. and the UK, along with all the most advanced western nations such as Canada, Australia and New Zealand, are aggressively competing for the most educated and skilled migrant workers from around the globe, regardless of country of origin. However, compared to employers in the other Countries, it is quite difficult for US employers to obtain a visa to employ skilled professionals in the US.
Mr. Chidambaram, 61, was educated at Harvard Business School and represents himself as a strong supporter of free trade.
more...
Berkeleybee
03-28 11:03 AM
Berkleybee,
We know IV has set policies about postings, but i have to agree with Jnayar here. It is really a waste of time and counterproductive for individuals to be on 2-3 different forums. Especially when the creme-de-la-creme is on this one.
I mean at max, some people will read the issues and not post a reply, but if someone DOES have an answer, it would make life easier on the person that posted the question. From my personal experience, i used to visit the ImmigrationPortal religiously during the past year. Now i have not once stepped onto that forum, coz most of my needs regarding information are met here. We have a strong, vast and diverse community on here and we can help each other out, being that most Immigration Lawyers are not very prompt in answering our questions. You guys have been doing a great job moderating this forum, but we need to have a seperate category for these extra issues.
Adding another forum should not be too big of an issue in my opinion, though the Admin could shed some light on this.
All people have to do is monitor two forums. That is exactly what I do. When my application was sent off to the Texas Service Center from the CSC, I posted on Immig Portal not here.
We do not want IV to become just another forum. We want to keep our activism at the forefront. And we want the "creme de la" as you call them to focus on the work at hand not answering every question that comes along. If you are familiar with Immig Portal you know that the same question is asked repeatedly, misinformation is spread and moderators have enough to do without getting involved in all that. Not to mention frayed nerves, name calling and the all the rest of it. As it is it is hard to keep people on topic in any given thread. I am not sure you know about the behind the scenes work needed to keep this forum accurate, civil and on point.
Please understand that we think of Immig Portal as a complementary forum. We were born there, and we think it is the appropriate forum to discuss processing issues.
And as for extra time, think of all the extra time IV volunteers are spending just getting basic IV work done. Spend the extra 5 mins to go to Immig Portal.
warm regards,
Berkeleybee
We know IV has set policies about postings, but i have to agree with Jnayar here. It is really a waste of time and counterproductive for individuals to be on 2-3 different forums. Especially when the creme-de-la-creme is on this one.
I mean at max, some people will read the issues and not post a reply, but if someone DOES have an answer, it would make life easier on the person that posted the question. From my personal experience, i used to visit the ImmigrationPortal religiously during the past year. Now i have not once stepped onto that forum, coz most of my needs regarding information are met here. We have a strong, vast and diverse community on here and we can help each other out, being that most Immigration Lawyers are not very prompt in answering our questions. You guys have been doing a great job moderating this forum, but we need to have a seperate category for these extra issues.
Adding another forum should not be too big of an issue in my opinion, though the Admin could shed some light on this.
All people have to do is monitor two forums. That is exactly what I do. When my application was sent off to the Texas Service Center from the CSC, I posted on Immig Portal not here.
We do not want IV to become just another forum. We want to keep our activism at the forefront. And we want the "creme de la" as you call them to focus on the work at hand not answering every question that comes along. If you are familiar with Immig Portal you know that the same question is asked repeatedly, misinformation is spread and moderators have enough to do without getting involved in all that. Not to mention frayed nerves, name calling and the all the rest of it. As it is it is hard to keep people on topic in any given thread. I am not sure you know about the behind the scenes work needed to keep this forum accurate, civil and on point.
Please understand that we think of Immig Portal as a complementary forum. We were born there, and we think it is the appropriate forum to discuss processing issues.
And as for extra time, think of all the extra time IV volunteers are spending just getting basic IV work done. Spend the extra 5 mins to go to Immig Portal.
warm regards,
Berkeleybee
hot Blue Star clip art
jonty_11
07-31 01:54 PM
u have to file 140 for ur old labor..once that get approved....u can interfile the approved 140 onto ur pending 485..(filed with PERM labor/140) and request USCIS to use the PD of the old Labor/140...
Confirm with lawyer...
Confirm with lawyer...
more...
house Blue Stars Christmas Tree
roseball
07-27 02:07 PM
I have a friend who filed is 485 on July 24th and he couldn't file for his spouse who was in india at that time.She is coming back on July 30 and planning to file for her I-485.My friend did not receive any receipt and what does he need to do in order to file for her i-485?
-Thanks
contributed $250 so far.
This is the way to unnecessarily complicate things. The best thing to do was to wait one more week and file together.....
Now, they have to include a copy of the courier receipt/delivery confirmation etc along with a letter explaining its a secondary I-485 pkg attached to so and so's primary package which was received by USCIS on a particular date.....I suggest writing the letter on a "bright colored paper" so its visible right away to the mailroom people....
-Thanks
contributed $250 so far.
This is the way to unnecessarily complicate things. The best thing to do was to wait one more week and file together.....
Now, they have to include a copy of the courier receipt/delivery confirmation etc along with a letter explaining its a secondary I-485 pkg attached to so and so's primary package which was received by USCIS on a particular date.....I suggest writing the letter on a "bright colored paper" so its visible right away to the mailroom people....
tattoo lue stars clipart. Blue Stars Clipart. clipart
gimme_GC2006
09-06 08:06 AM
For USCIS all desi's lookalike :p
hehhehhe..good one :D
hehhehhe..good one :D
more...
pictures National OFFICE
chmur
08-01 12:45 PM
Now that H.R 5582 has cleared Judiciary sub - commitee and moves to Judiciary Full Commitee, I think we all need to focus our "Call/Fax" campaign and overwhelm the fence sitters with calls etc .
1. At Full judiciary commitee the list of congressman would be more than 10-15 .Probably 30-40??. Size wise it might be prohibitive.
2 No point in 1000 of us calling Steve Kings ....He will never change his mind . Spare this effort to convince fence sitters instead. No point in calling the one who we know already support either.
This leaves us with plenty of time to repeatedly call the fence sitters and force them to jump our way
1. At Full judiciary commitee the list of congressman would be more than 10-15 .Probably 30-40??. Size wise it might be prohibitive.
2 No point in 1000 of us calling Steve Kings ....He will never change his mind . Spare this effort to convince fence sitters instead. No point in calling the one who we know already support either.
This leaves us with plenty of time to repeatedly call the fence sitters and force them to jump our way
dresses lue, star, line, art
genius
04-18 07:41 PM
Can no news be good news,in case your application has been selected and not returned?
more...
makeup Rounded Star clip art vector
kshitijnt
06-16 03:20 PM
If the I-94 is attached to the new approval notice, you need not go for stamping to home country. If it is not, I advise that you go to home country for getting a new stamp.
The above applies if you do not plan to travel outside USA.
If you plan to travel outside USA, you can get stamp in any nearest USA consulate. Again neighbouring country or home country offers best choice.
The above applies if you do not plan to travel outside USA.
If you plan to travel outside USA, you can get stamp in any nearest USA consulate. Again neighbouring country or home country offers best choice.
girlfriend Blue Easter Egg clip art
mheggade
01-08 08:36 AM
I hear SAP Functional jobs are very short term though you make good money. Some companies want you to be ready for 100% travel.
hairstyles hot lue stars clipart. big
sathyaraj
11-01 10:45 PM
Let us assume that we have totally 70,000 Nurses pending now.
a. PD <= 2006 is 10000
b. PD > 2006 is 60000
This would not help much of ppl waiting in EB3 with PD earlier than Nov 2006 bcoz it takes only 10,000 of their queue. But it really helps the ppl with PD > 2006.
Also it depends on whether 7% country limit is applicable. It would help RoW better than retrogressed countries.
In either case, it is a win-win situation for EB3 India 61,000 * .07 = 4270. Still it is worth of about 1 yr worth of EB3 visas for retrogressed countries.
Any thoughts or corrections?
Could you please explay why is that? What if there are nurses with PD 2002, 03, 04 or 05
a. PD <= 2006 is 10000
b. PD > 2006 is 60000
This would not help much of ppl waiting in EB3 with PD earlier than Nov 2006 bcoz it takes only 10,000 of their queue. But it really helps the ppl with PD > 2006.
Also it depends on whether 7% country limit is applicable. It would help RoW better than retrogressed countries.
In either case, it is a win-win situation for EB3 India 61,000 * .07 = 4270. Still it is worth of about 1 yr worth of EB3 visas for retrogressed countries.
Any thoughts or corrections?
Could you please explay why is that? What if there are nurses with PD 2002, 03, 04 or 05
admin
02-08 01:21 PM
lghtsplr,
Thanks for informing us about this. I have replied in that thread mentioning that we can set up web fax with the same content. Web faxes are very easy for users to send.
Siva
Thanks for informing us about this. I have replied in that thread mentioning that we can set up web fax with the same content. Web faxes are very easy for users to send.
Siva
smitin_2000
02-09 11:34 PM
Hi,
I have issue with I-94 as visa office at LA - LAX port of entry put a date in I-94 as same as in visa stamp in passport and not the date in the I-797 (extended H1B approval notice), I realised it 2months after the I-94 expiry, means while I was moved to Bay Area in CA, so I took infopass appointment from uscis.gov site for San Francisco office, went there and explained the matter to the visa officer, they corrected the error and issued me new I-94 with the date in I-797, you can also try the same, I think your issue will be fixed.
Best of luck
CBP office location link in CA
LA - http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/cmcs/cmc_south_pacific.xml
San Diego - http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/cmcs/cmc_s_ca.xml
San Francisco - http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/cmcs/cmc_mid_pac.xml
Regards,
Smitin
I have issue with I-94 as visa office at LA - LAX port of entry put a date in I-94 as same as in visa stamp in passport and not the date in the I-797 (extended H1B approval notice), I realised it 2months after the I-94 expiry, means while I was moved to Bay Area in CA, so I took infopass appointment from uscis.gov site for San Francisco office, went there and explained the matter to the visa officer, they corrected the error and issued me new I-94 with the date in I-797, you can also try the same, I think your issue will be fixed.
Best of luck
CBP office location link in CA
LA - http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/cmcs/cmc_south_pacific.xml
San Diego - http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/cmcs/cmc_s_ca.xml
San Francisco - http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/cmcs/cmc_mid_pac.xml
Regards,
Smitin
No comments:
Post a Comment