
forever_waiting
04-07 08:35 PM
its more important to talk sense on the forums especially after 150 of us members having met 300 lawmaker offices on april 4th and 5th. Several of those staffers might visit these forums expecting logical and sane debates instead of petty fights.
wallpaper ~W. Somerset Maugham moving on
chanduv23
02-17 11:09 AM
Back in 2007, we did a lot of PR work, we pleaded, begged, motivated, requested ... we kept on doing it consistently.
There is a lot of work that needs to be done. The active folks must motivate the passive folks.
There is a lot of work that needs to be done. The active folks must motivate the passive folks.

howzatt
08-21 12:05 PM
bumping up??
Sanojkumar,
Please stop spamming all threads with this question. Please search at the very least wait for a reasonable amount of time to bump it.
Sanojkumar,
Please stop spamming all threads with this question. Please search at the very least wait for a reasonable amount of time to bump it.
2011 Quotes about Moving On
ilikekilo
09-07 07:56 AM
hey who cares, if thats the case..I will certainly not complain...
who knows something might be brewing up....4 good
who knows something might be brewing up....4 good
more...
intheyan
08-14 06:42 PM
Congrads. Did your dependent got approved I-485?
chris
12-31 04:11 PM
Is your PD is current ? Goodluck any how.
My case was also transfered from Texas to Vermont. I spoke to our company's attorney and here is what they told me:
The USCIS is sharing its work load among the 4 service centers...the transfer is part of the administrative processing...I dont see any issues with it...so, dont worry about it...
Here is the online status on my case:
Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing
On September 30, 2008, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.
I guess its happening randomly though but does not mean anything.
My case was also transfered from Texas to Vermont. I spoke to our company's attorney and here is what they told me:
The USCIS is sharing its work load among the 4 service centers...the transfer is part of the administrative processing...I dont see any issues with it...so, dont worry about it...
Here is the online status on my case:
Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing
On September 30, 2008, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.
I guess its happening randomly though but does not mean anything.
more...
IV2007
07-30 10:37 AM
Guys,
My undertstanding is, if one is a primary applicant on EAD and he/she starts studying full time, one need to pay taxes (like saying working part time or doing business, etc...).
Once school is complete one needs to get back to same position or higher as an EAD applicant.
I am also looking for concrete answers/confirmation on this.
Tried to post a mesg to attorney on this forum but the post was closed. :(
Anyone know for sure how to handle this situation. Or anyone did this and still got GC ??
Thanks
shree
My undertstanding is, if one is a primary applicant on EAD and he/she starts studying full time, one need to pay taxes (like saying working part time or doing business, etc...).
Once school is complete one needs to get back to same position or higher as an EAD applicant.
I am also looking for concrete answers/confirmation on this.
Tried to post a mesg to attorney on this forum but the post was closed. :(
Anyone know for sure how to handle this situation. Or anyone did this and still got GC ??
Thanks
shree
2010 On; quotes about growing up
javadeveloper
07-18 10:01 PM
Here is:
e-file 765(180 $)
Send copy of 485 along with printout of receipt
Wait for FP appointment
Done(got cards 40 days later)
I already did it for wife, son and myself.
Saved about 1500$
What is the url for e-filing?Pls post here
e-file 765(180 $)
Send copy of 485 along with printout of receipt
Wait for FP appointment
Done(got cards 40 days later)
I already did it for wife, son and myself.
Saved about 1500$
What is the url for e-filing?Pls post here
more...
sanju_dba
08-03 04:37 PM
Dear Registered OP,
I guess you have accidentally choose IV to post your issue,
the key word search "Frustation" on google might have drove you here,
not your mistake! try this website (http://www.atkins.com/Homepage.aspx) :D
I guess you have accidentally choose IV to post your issue,
the key word search "Frustation" on google might have drove you here,
not your mistake! try this website (http://www.atkins.com/Homepage.aspx) :D
hair and moving on. quotes
DSLStart
07-29 11:16 AM
No contact with old attorney since I changed job. Do you see any chance of our PD becoming current for next month, hence this activity?
I too got the same two mails. First mail on 20 th and last mail on 22 nd.Mine is approved from Texas on JAN 2006.My PD is Nov 2005,but I used only PD to apply I-485.My current AOS is from another company.Did you or your lawyer get any postal mail?
I too got the same two mails. First mail on 20 th and last mail on 22 nd.Mine is approved from Texas on JAN 2006.My PD is Nov 2005,but I used only PD to apply I-485.My current AOS is from another company.Did you or your lawyer get any postal mail?
more...
amitkhare77
08-10 12:06 PM
I am EB3 Dec 2006. I have changed JOB on EAD, I did file AC21 through my new employer. my new employer has already started the EB2 processing.
I would recommend you the following -
make sure you have all the information i.e. previous Job Description which was used for labor filing or the job code on your labor certification.
You have a copy of I-140 approval
your current salary offer is good to qualify EB2 prevailing wages (does not matter a lot but good to consider)
you get an experience certificate describing technologies, skills you will use for future labor filing advertisement.
Thank you my_gc_wait.
Regarding response #1 and your comment about AC21 portability, there isn't anything the employer has to do, correct? I believe, if the new job requirements is same or similar, there should be no problem with AC21.
Also, what can I request from the employer other than the job advertisement itself as evidence to make sure the position suits EB2 requirements.
I would recommend you the following -
make sure you have all the information i.e. previous Job Description which was used for labor filing or the job code on your labor certification.
You have a copy of I-140 approval
your current salary offer is good to qualify EB2 prevailing wages (does not matter a lot but good to consider)
you get an experience certificate describing technologies, skills you will use for future labor filing advertisement.
Thank you my_gc_wait.
Regarding response #1 and your comment about AC21 portability, there isn't anything the employer has to do, correct? I believe, if the new job requirements is same or similar, there should be no problem with AC21.
Also, what can I request from the employer other than the job advertisement itself as evidence to make sure the position suits EB2 requirements.
hot Posted in Art, Life, Moving,
hydubadi
02-04 08:32 AM
I would suggest that you call the customer service number, since it is over 30 days, to find out what is going on.
I called customer service and was transfered to second level were I had to deal with a rude lady. I explained her my situation and her response was that, as its been 30 days it might have lost in mail and said, I have to apply for new AP with the fees again. i insisted to provide me with tracking number and asked for her manager for which she hanged out the phone on me. this how rude she was, it is such a shame on part of USCIS.
may be I will wait for more week and if it doesn't show up, will apply for new one. this is what you get for dealing with USCIS:mad:
I called customer service and was transfered to second level were I had to deal with a rude lady. I explained her my situation and her response was that, as its been 30 days it might have lost in mail and said, I have to apply for new AP with the fees again. i insisted to provide me with tracking number and asked for her manager for which she hanged out the phone on me. this how rude she was, it is such a shame on part of USCIS.
may be I will wait for more week and if it doesn't show up, will apply for new one. this is what you get for dealing with USCIS:mad:
more...
house Home gt; Moving On Quotes
Dhundhun
06-19 12:42 AM
Folks,
I am due for an EAD renewal. However, my I-485 Receipt Notice got lost in mail. :(
Can I still e-file. A lot of you said, we have to send a copy of the receipt notice as a supporting document. Can I do without it.
Any pointers would be really appreciated.
Thank You
-Bipin
You must be having A# on previous EAD - that is required. I filed for my wife and forgot to send copy of I-485. There was no RFE and we got EAD. Refer to http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18737.
I am due for an EAD renewal. However, my I-485 Receipt Notice got lost in mail. :(
Can I still e-file. A lot of you said, we have to send a copy of the receipt notice as a supporting document. Can I do without it.
Any pointers would be really appreciated.
Thank You
-Bipin
You must be having A# on previous EAD - that is required. I filed for my wife and forgot to send copy of I-485. There was no RFE and we got EAD. Refer to http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18737.
tattoo Best life quotes saying about
ksairi
08-17 02:06 PM
Most folks here would have used a lens to double check their APplns before mailing it.
If your friend wants to know ask him to join IV , why are you proxying for him > He shud be more worried than you. Pls talk to a professional lawyer on this situation, I am sure none of the folks here can advise on this,
If you do not know - that is fine , you should not confirm that no body in this forum can answer that.
Every body knows that lawer can advise, who ever browisng this forum they are browsing for the cause if any body know it they can answer right.
My friend - infact he his my room mate got an appointment with attorney after two weeks , becuase of the rush until 17th August, even he can able to contact the attorney over the phone.
He has requested me to post and search in the forums to get any possible answer before 17th so that he can re file . but the now that option is closed.
He his very busy with few productions issues at the site and he can not browse few sites from his office- including this immigrationvoice. he is already a member of this forrm, I am just trying to help him.
If you can not help your roomtae - how can you volunteer to unknown Immigration voice members.
Please don't give this kind of suggestions- every body knows. we are here for the cause. If you don't know that is it queep quiet. try to do research try to help if you willing for the cause. Ok.
If your friend wants to know ask him to join IV , why are you proxying for him > He shud be more worried than you. Pls talk to a professional lawyer on this situation, I am sure none of the folks here can advise on this,
If you do not know - that is fine , you should not confirm that no body in this forum can answer that.
Every body knows that lawer can advise, who ever browisng this forum they are browsing for the cause if any body know it they can answer right.
My friend - infact he his my room mate got an appointment with attorney after two weeks , becuase of the rush until 17th August, even he can able to contact the attorney over the phone.
He has requested me to post and search in the forums to get any possible answer before 17th so that he can re file . but the now that option is closed.
He his very busy with few productions issues at the site and he can not browse few sites from his office- including this immigrationvoice. he is already a member of this forrm, I am just trying to help him.
If you can not help your roomtae - how can you volunteer to unknown Immigration voice members.
Please don't give this kind of suggestions- every body knows. we are here for the cause. If you don't know that is it queep quiet. try to do research try to help if you willing for the cause. Ok.
more...
pictures growing up, life, quotes,

jonty_11
07-11 04:38 PM
Normally a Month, ask ur lawyer to call and find out.
dresses quotes about change and moving
aranya
07-03 05:30 PM
Who told you that you can not return when H1 transfer is pending? As long as H1B with company B was filed prior to canceling H1 from company A and H1B from company B is a bonafide job that assures H1b status, you can enter with the receipt notice itself, no need to wait for approval.
If you have to know, my company lawyer when my then H1B was currrent but expiring in a few days and extension of H1B was pending. My proposed travel was for a week-long conference in Canada.
You might have had a different experience and these forums are for sharing our experiences to help each other :)
If you have to know, my company lawyer when my then H1B was currrent but expiring in a few days and extension of H1B was pending. My proposed travel was for a week-long conference in Canada.
You might have had a different experience and these forums are for sharing our experiences to help each other :)
more...
makeup house Quotes about Moving On
insbaby
07-17 11:01 AM
I recieved reply from consulate stating that I need to get PCC from US consulate as I have not being living in India for a long time therefore there is no use of getting PCC from local police station. Now anybody let me know if I fly to SFO they would give my PCC with in a day or would take time ??/
If you are holdng a Passport issued by other than SF Consulate:
* If applying at the counter in-person, 30 business days or on receipt of clearance from Passport Issuing Authority concerned, whichever is earlier
*If applying by mail, 30 business days, excluding time taken in mail, or on receipt of clearance from Passport Issuing Authority concerned, whichever is earlier.
As it takes around 30 business days to issue PCC, you must submit photocopy of passport at the time of applying. As soon as the clearance is received from the Passport Issuing Authority concerned, you will be called (provided you have mentioned your telephone number in the application) to submit your original passport for stamping of PCC.
If you are holdng a Passport issued by SF Consulate:
Applying in person: Same day or latest by the next working day
Applying by mail: 10 (ten) business days excluding the time taken in mail
http://cgisf.org/misc/miscservices.html
If you are holdng a Passport issued by other than SF Consulate:
* If applying at the counter in-person, 30 business days or on receipt of clearance from Passport Issuing Authority concerned, whichever is earlier
*If applying by mail, 30 business days, excluding time taken in mail, or on receipt of clearance from Passport Issuing Authority concerned, whichever is earlier.
As it takes around 30 business days to issue PCC, you must submit photocopy of passport at the time of applying. As soon as the clearance is received from the Passport Issuing Authority concerned, you will be called (provided you have mentioned your telephone number in the application) to submit your original passport for stamping of PCC.
If you are holdng a Passport issued by SF Consulate:
Applying in person: Same day or latest by the next working day
Applying by mail: 10 (ten) business days excluding the time taken in mail
http://cgisf.org/misc/miscservices.html
girlfriend Life, love, moving on,
gcwanted101
09-01 03:40 PM
Looks like there are mail and fax options.
Did you indicate whether you need it in a CD instead of paper copy?
Also for the labor copy, should the request be sent to USCIS or DOL?
Hey lj_rr
"Also for the labor copy, should the request be sent to USCIS or DOL?"
For Labor : you have to send request to DOL.
For 140 : you have to send request to USCIS.
Did you indicate whether you need it in a CD instead of paper copy?
Also for the labor copy, should the request be sent to USCIS or DOL?
Hey lj_rr
"Also for the labor copy, should the request be sent to USCIS or DOL?"
For Labor : you have to send request to DOL.
For 140 : you have to send request to USCIS.
hairstyles Life is really about moving on
karanp25
07-21 05:08 PM
I assume he can use the AP after October 2008 for his travel--correct?
This is trouble.
They might have issued AP to you, lost somewhere in mail. Now they renewed starting expiry of first one.
On this AP - a big NO.
I hope someone familiar with this type of situation - is it possible to request USCIS by taking infopass?
This is trouble.
They might have issued AP to you, lost somewhere in mail. Now they renewed starting expiry of first one.
On this AP - a big NO.
I hope someone familiar with this type of situation - is it possible to request USCIS by taking infopass?
GlobalCitizen
07-26 09:05 AM
Hello everyone,
I got to know about this website recently and I wish I had known it earlier.
Anyway, I need advice/conformation
I got married recently outside the US. However, I did not come back with my wife b/c of a couple of reasons. And I cannot bring her here in the next 3 weeks. (My H1B is getting renewed...)
The company's lawyer is advising me not file for I-485 and wait till I become current again and apply with my wife then. (I am EB3 and my PD is March 2005)
After reading this web and others, if I go ahead and apply now the following are the choices that I have later. Please confirm if I am right or wrong
1. Get every document ready for my wife at all times and apply for I-485 immediately after I become current. As long as they receive her I-485 before they approve mine, she is going to be fine. She will be fine even if they receive her I-485 a day before they approve mine.
2. If my I-485 gets approved before my wife�s I-485 get there, under section 245(k), she has 180 days to send in her I-485 as long as PD is current. And there is no penalty and no other problem with this. She can stay in the country and wait for her I-485 to approve.
3. If I though that it was a grave mistake to apply for my I-485, I can withdraw it before it gets approved and reapply later with my wife�s when I become current again. No problem with this other than paying the fees again.
4. My wife and change her H4 to F1 any time she wants to as long as she goes to school full time. She could be on F1 and apply for I-485 when I become current (I feel uneasy on this one).
Please, let me know if what I listed above is right. These are the only choices that I have ready about. If there are more choices please, let me know that too. I have to make a decision by the end of tomorrow. Thank you all!
I got to know about this website recently and I wish I had known it earlier.
Anyway, I need advice/conformation
I got married recently outside the US. However, I did not come back with my wife b/c of a couple of reasons. And I cannot bring her here in the next 3 weeks. (My H1B is getting renewed...)
The company's lawyer is advising me not file for I-485 and wait till I become current again and apply with my wife then. (I am EB3 and my PD is March 2005)
After reading this web and others, if I go ahead and apply now the following are the choices that I have later. Please confirm if I am right or wrong
1. Get every document ready for my wife at all times and apply for I-485 immediately after I become current. As long as they receive her I-485 before they approve mine, she is going to be fine. She will be fine even if they receive her I-485 a day before they approve mine.
2. If my I-485 gets approved before my wife�s I-485 get there, under section 245(k), she has 180 days to send in her I-485 as long as PD is current. And there is no penalty and no other problem with this. She can stay in the country and wait for her I-485 to approve.
3. If I though that it was a grave mistake to apply for my I-485, I can withdraw it before it gets approved and reapply later with my wife�s when I become current again. No problem with this other than paying the fees again.
4. My wife and change her H4 to F1 any time she wants to as long as she goes to school full time. She could be on F1 and apply for I-485 when I become current (I feel uneasy on this one).
Please, let me know if what I listed above is right. These are the only choices that I have ready about. If there are more choices please, let me know that too. I have to make a decision by the end of tomorrow. Thank you all!
roseball
02-23 04:51 PM
Texas allows instate tuition waivers for H1 and H4 visa holders provided they are residents of texas for 1 year. In other words, any H1/H4 holder residing in TX for more than a year only pays instate tuition.
No comments:
Post a Comment