conchshell
04-24 08:22 AM
Breaking news on http://www.immigration-law.com :
04/24/2008: House Judiciary Immigration Subcommittee Hearing Today at 2:00 p.m. on "Wasted Visas, Growing Backlogs"
* This is the first in a series of hearings on immigration reforms which the House is scheduled to hear hereon. For the list of witnesses and the testimonies, please stay tuned to this website.
Does anyone has more insight to this. What we at IV can contribute to this hearing?
This is the official link on the website:
http://judiciary.house.gov/oversight.aspx?ID=435
04/24/2008: House Judiciary Immigration Subcommittee Hearing Today at 2:00 p.m. on "Wasted Visas, Growing Backlogs"
* This is the first in a series of hearings on immigration reforms which the House is scheduled to hear hereon. For the list of witnesses and the testimonies, please stay tuned to this website.
Does anyone has more insight to this. What we at IV can contribute to this hearing?
This is the official link on the website:
http://judiciary.house.gov/oversight.aspx?ID=435
wallpaper of the twin towers.
ca_immigrant
01-20 07:43 PM
anyone on this ?
I too have to go in India....in June....
in case I am not green by then I too have to get the H1 stamped...and anything to expidite the satmping will help...
Thanks to OP for posting this !
I too have to go in India....in June....
in case I am not green by then I too have to get the H1 stamped...and anything to expidite the satmping will help...
Thanks to OP for posting this !
smuggymba
09-16 07:45 PM
Here is the scenario.
If 6 months has been completed after your I-485 is filed then you can port out your process. You can either file AC21 or not. But to work for another company you need EAD. Now here you have mentioned that you have been working for Company B. What is your status with Company B? I guess, H1B.
If the company B can file for an AC21 at the earliest, that is the best option you have with you.
Just in case, if your I-485 is less than 6 months, situation becomes little sticky. Though the law or rule does not say anything specific, USCIS has been little lenient with the lay off and other situations recently.
So once Company A gets winds up, you can claim the process by stating that the company went out of business. There are cases where this was approved recently. Earlier there were exemptions at all.
You all need the co-operation from Company A on this. If they report to USCIS that you guys never joined there or made the company lose money, then none of the process will not stand as per law.
I personally know a unique situation, even after the company reported against the employee, the USCIS issued Green Card.
It all depends on the knowledge of the Officer who takes the case. Basically it is roll of the dice.
Do not take chances. Do it in the legal way as much as possible.
Good Luck to all of you
Imagine if everyone uses bold font:mad:
If 6 months has been completed after your I-485 is filed then you can port out your process. You can either file AC21 or not. But to work for another company you need EAD. Now here you have mentioned that you have been working for Company B. What is your status with Company B? I guess, H1B.
If the company B can file for an AC21 at the earliest, that is the best option you have with you.
Just in case, if your I-485 is less than 6 months, situation becomes little sticky. Though the law or rule does not say anything specific, USCIS has been little lenient with the lay off and other situations recently.
So once Company A gets winds up, you can claim the process by stating that the company went out of business. There are cases where this was approved recently. Earlier there were exemptions at all.
You all need the co-operation from Company A on this. If they report to USCIS that you guys never joined there or made the company lose money, then none of the process will not stand as per law.
I personally know a unique situation, even after the company reported against the employee, the USCIS issued Green Card.
It all depends on the knowledge of the Officer who takes the case. Basically it is roll of the dice.
Do not take chances. Do it in the legal way as much as possible.
Good Luck to all of you
Imagine if everyone uses bold font:mad:
2011 TWIN TOWERS NEW YORK 9 11
visa_reval
12-12 11:34 AM
This is a good doc to help you get started in correcting your I-94.
more...
TwinkleM
01-30 11:03 AM
Hello Sac-r-ten,
Thanx a lot for your compliment. I had been following this forum online since 2007 july fiasco & this forum had given me lot of knowledge & helped me out to make the right decission whenever I was underguided or misguided by lawyers (very unfortunate though that we spend a lot on fee to give such professional people). I will always try to do my best if my knowledge can help any person like me who falls as a pray in the hands of immigration people.
Anyways, if you don't mind, can you pls. explain the reason on what basis did they deny your I-140 application. You did mention on education basis, but can you pls. elaborate the reason. I am really tensed about it at my I-140 is pending since more then 2.5 years now. I also received an RFE on it & havn't heard about it since then.
Your input might help me. Thank you in advance
Thanx a lot for your compliment. I had been following this forum online since 2007 july fiasco & this forum had given me lot of knowledge & helped me out to make the right decission whenever I was underguided or misguided by lawyers (very unfortunate though that we spend a lot on fee to give such professional people). I will always try to do my best if my knowledge can help any person like me who falls as a pray in the hands of immigration people.
Anyways, if you don't mind, can you pls. explain the reason on what basis did they deny your I-140 application. You did mention on education basis, but can you pls. elaborate the reason. I am really tensed about it at my I-140 is pending since more then 2.5 years now. I also received an RFE on it & havn't heard about it since then.
Your input might help me. Thank you in advance
nogc_noproblem
12-12 09:05 PM
Paid Time Off
PTO: planned time off
PTO: planned time off
more...
GCNirvana007
10-08 05:05 PM
GC is approved based on Good Faith that the sponsoring employer will employ you after GC is approved or you will work for sponsoring employer after GC is approved, if not then it could cause trouble for you during citizenship or your sponsoring employer could report to USCIS about the non-compliance--> This is legal term
But there is one way around it, join employer A and get yourself fired from the job then you're fine.
HTH
kris
Non-complaince only if i signed any saying i will be joining them after my GC or its by default?
But there is one way around it, join employer A and get yourself fired from the job then you're fine.
HTH
kris
Non-complaince only if i signed any saying i will be joining them after my GC or its by default?
2010 steel 9/11 WTC twintowers
allen_1974
01-21 11:23 AM
I think you have maintained a legal status thru the transfer from A to B. So in my view your are fine even though there is a gap in terms of Pay stub for some days. But your status is legal.
So dont worry.
:)
So dont worry.
:)
more...
chanduv23
05-28 03:51 PM
Heard this from our company lawyer .... uscis will issue RFE for all I-485 applications that are pending for a while to make sure the applicant still has the job offer. He got this from a very reliable source. I dont know how true it is...just sharing what I have heard.
RFE for employment verification seems to be common these days. As long as you are eligible to port jobs under AC21 - there is no need to worry if you used AC21.
RFE for employment verification seems to be common these days. As long as you are eligible to port jobs under AC21 - there is no need to worry if you used AC21.
hair Twin Tower Video Clips,
Milind123
07-27 03:34 PM
Kasi,
I had the same situation and asked my attorney last month. He replied "I-94 # is always the # on the white card which is stapled in your passport", meaning the latest I-94 (white card) given to you at the port of entry. It doesn't matter whether it is expired or not. Hope this answers.
I think the I-94 Numbers should be the same on all I-94's.
I had the same situation and asked my attorney last month. He replied "I-94 # is always the # on the white card which is stapled in your passport", meaning the latest I-94 (white card) given to you at the port of entry. It doesn't matter whether it is expired or not. Hope this answers.
I think the I-94 Numbers should be the same on all I-94's.
more...
imneedy
05-22 05:21 PM
Now if we can transfer our priority date from old system we would definitely get some benefit in the new system. Any comments ?
Let's hope :o
Let's hope :o
hot 9-11
valatharv
07-16 10:54 AM
Write to the Indian Consulate and check for a solution with them. They will have definitely handled these types of cases before.
Thanks for replying...
I have already renewed my passport in April 2010 and corrected father name ...
I am worried for USCIS old forms before RFE for 485, my father name shows as <lastName> then <FirstName>.
Thanks for replying...
I have already renewed my passport in April 2010 and corrected father name ...
I am worried for USCIS old forms before RFE for 485, my father name shows as <lastName> then <FirstName>.
more...
house twin towers conspiracy

burnt
06-21 10:34 PM
Instead of entering (c)(09) on the EAD renewal form, I entered (c)(0)(9). Friends please let me know if this is going to cause any issue for my EAD application?
tattoo 11 terrorist attacks
chillfakter
02-11 08:45 PM
Thank you tdasara, I hope mine works out the same way as yours. Could you tell me when this took place, and also how much gap there was between your passport expiry and H1 visa expiry dates?
One of my best friends had something similar happen to her, but her passport is set to expire just two months ahead of her I-94/H1 expiration date. I wonder if the fact that it was just two months apart made a difference to the officer when he decided on her I-94 date. As you know, in my case, my current passport will expire two years before my H-1.
msp1976, I found out that it would take at least a month to get a new passport (is this right?), and I did not have time for it. I'll be sure to post my experience here.
Thank you!
One of my best friends had something similar happen to her, but her passport is set to expire just two months ahead of her I-94/H1 expiration date. I wonder if the fact that it was just two months apart made a difference to the officer when he decided on her I-94 date. As you know, in my case, my current passport will expire two years before my H-1.
msp1976, I found out that it would take at least a month to get a new passport (is this right?), and I did not have time for it. I'll be sure to post my experience here.
Thank you!
more...
pictures 9/11 Twin Towers Collapse:
gc007
01-05 10:23 PM
I have been on H4 since 2000. I once got an H1-B in the year 01, but did not get to work. Meanwhile my H4 got extended till now.
With the recent changes of de-coupling H1 & H4.......
My question is can I use the previous H1-B issued in 01 and apply for COS without any cap restrictions ? And can this be used by a new Employer ?
Appreciate any responses on this. Thanks
With the recent changes of de-coupling H1 & H4.......
My question is can I use the previous H1-B issued in 01 and apply for COS without any cap restrictions ? And can this be used by a new Employer ?
Appreciate any responses on this. Thanks
dresses Twin Towers Collapse Video
nyte_crawler
05-11 01:47 PM
Some guy took most of the needed time talking about citizenship. Jeez.
more...
makeup standing on the twin tower

n_2006
07-16 10:52 AM
If look at you at Pappu's announcement, it is certian that core team knows what fix is going to be. And he let members to guess and speculate.
This GC became more like lottery. I sent my documents to lawyer on Jun 25th and he did not file on 2nd and now he is asking me whether to file or not. If my lawyer and employer are that cooperative, I do not need to waste my time on this forum.
well said..
This GC became more like lottery. I sent my documents to lawyer on Jun 25th and he did not file on 2nd and now he is asking me whether to file or not. If my lawyer and employer are that cooperative, I do not need to waste my time on this forum.
well said..
girlfriend The North Tower impact was
milind70
04-01 06:05 PM
Hello folks,
i need some expert opinion here. These are my primary details.
COMPANY A:
1. Perm Labor - Nov 2006. (EB2)
2. I-140 approved - Nov 2007
3. I-485 filed - July 2007.
4 EAD - oct 2007
5 FP - Nov 2007
6 AP - Oct 2007
H1-B extension denied in dec 2007 due to variety of company A issues.
Invoked AC21 yesterday with company B.
COMPANY B: Bought substitution labor of Feb 2004 EB3.
I-140 filed : NSC : paper based filing no documents has been sent waiting for RFE on July 13 2007.
But my labor substitute on 140 has been used for somebody else by mistake and now company B says they have few other labors to substitute and they say we'll respond to the query saying that the original one has been used and please consider the second one. Attorney has made this mistake since many labors were filed at that time and the labor that they have used for me has been approved . Do you guys whatever the attorney is suggesting is going to work? Please let me know i haven't got an RFE yet..
Here are some facts
1. Labor Substitution is not allowed as of mid 2007 .
2. You could have invoked AC21 and moved to company B on EAD after 180 days of filing of 485 rather than trying to file 140 on sub labor
3 I think you could talk to comapny B and ask them to hire you on job of same responsbilities as on your earlier labor.
I think it is better if you see and immigration attorney for advise on this issue.
i need some expert opinion here. These are my primary details.
COMPANY A:
1. Perm Labor - Nov 2006. (EB2)
2. I-140 approved - Nov 2007
3. I-485 filed - July 2007.
4 EAD - oct 2007
5 FP - Nov 2007
6 AP - Oct 2007
H1-B extension denied in dec 2007 due to variety of company A issues.
Invoked AC21 yesterday with company B.
COMPANY B: Bought substitution labor of Feb 2004 EB3.
I-140 filed : NSC : paper based filing no documents has been sent waiting for RFE on July 13 2007.
But my labor substitute on 140 has been used for somebody else by mistake and now company B says they have few other labors to substitute and they say we'll respond to the query saying that the original one has been used and please consider the second one. Attorney has made this mistake since many labors were filed at that time and the labor that they have used for me has been approved . Do you guys whatever the attorney is suggesting is going to work? Please let me know i haven't got an RFE yet..
Here are some facts
1. Labor Substitution is not allowed as of mid 2007 .
2. You could have invoked AC21 and moved to company B on EAD after 180 days of filing of 485 rather than trying to file 140 on sub labor
3 I think you could talk to comapny B and ask them to hire you on job of same responsbilities as on your earlier labor.
I think it is better if you see and immigration attorney for advise on this issue.
hairstyles hl2 dm 9/11 falling from twin
malibuguy007
10-02 05:51 PM
Just joined SC chapter on Yahoo Groups
hmehta
05-31 11:32 AM
On the same lines, one of my relative was also denied entry into the US at the Mineapolis airport. She is a widow, 70 years of age, and used to come here to visit her only son and daughter-in-law and their son, since last 6 years. She used to stay for 6 months during the summer time (April to Oct.) and then 6 months in India. But this time when she came here they denied her entry suggesting that you have a pattern of staying here since last 6-7 years at the same time of the year, so you are doing something illegal!!!!......
Now how can one explain this???....70 years of age, a widow and her only son and daughter-in-law earning together earning atleast 6 figure income, a house of their own.....never went out of status, never extendend her stay beyond 6 months.......doing something illegal? and that too they said that they 'suspect'!....no proof whatsoever.....but according to law, she had to go back....this sucks big big time.
Now how can one explain this???....70 years of age, a widow and her only son and daughter-in-law earning together earning atleast 6 figure income, a house of their own.....never went out of status, never extendend her stay beyond 6 months.......doing something illegal? and that too they said that they 'suspect'!....no proof whatsoever.....but according to law, she had to go back....this sucks big big time.
rogerdepena
08-01 10:45 PM
Are you generating the receipt numbers yourself ? :D
just using the code to predict the case numbers.
check it your self. just put any number on the "XX" part and go to uscis.
another interesting thing i found out, they are approving a lot of ead from those filed on june 30, 2007 but then again they may not be Emplyment based application.
just using the code to predict the case numbers.
check it your self. just put any number on the "XX" part and go to uscis.
another interesting thing i found out, they are approving a lot of ead from those filed on june 30, 2007 but then again they may not be Emplyment based application.
No comments:
Post a Comment