amit79
04-16 08:03 AM
USCIS started sending notifications for Premium Processing petitioners on 15th April, 2008. As we start receiving notifications, a lot of H1B petitioners using IV are waiting to hear from USCIS, this thread can help keep the information in one place and provide quick access to the current status of notifications. Those received their notifications from USCIS can put in the results in the following format
Quota - General/Higher
Premium Processing - Yes/No
Notification Date - xx/xx/xx
Receipt Number - Yes/No
Waiting List - Yes/No
Notified via - email/postal mail
Employer - Consultant/Company
Multiple Petitions - Yes/No
Comments - you can put any extra comments that are relevant
Good Luck.
Quota - General/Higher
Premium Processing - Yes/No
Notification Date - xx/xx/xx
Receipt Number - Yes/No
Waiting List - Yes/No
Notified via - email/postal mail
Employer - Consultant/Company
Multiple Petitions - Yes/No
Comments - you can put any extra comments that are relevant
Good Luck.
wallpaper Will Smith and Family at a
mhtanim
09-15 02:05 PM
I can see it. Refresh your browser
Thanks inskrish for the news.
Anyway, the Proc. dates are a heap of bull shit. The NSC Proc date for I-485 says July 08 2007. We all know the dates were 'U' and noone could have filed a I-485 between July 2 - July 17th (July 2 fiasco). So how can the oldest application that the NSC is blocked on can be dated July 08 2007 !!!
Even if they came across ineligible applications like that, wouldn't they just outright reject them and quickly move on to some other application that they can process??? Why would they consider themselves blocked on such application(s) and issue the processing date to reflect such transient status ???
Some people actually did file during July 2 through July 17 and I am one of them. My law firm (one of the top immigration law firms) was actively involved with the AILF to file the lawsuit against DOS at that time. The law firm recommended all their clients to file I-485 even after July 1st as they though AILF has really good chances of winning the lawsuit.
Thanks inskrish for the news.
Anyway, the Proc. dates are a heap of bull shit. The NSC Proc date for I-485 says July 08 2007. We all know the dates were 'U' and noone could have filed a I-485 between July 2 - July 17th (July 2 fiasco). So how can the oldest application that the NSC is blocked on can be dated July 08 2007 !!!
Even if they came across ineligible applications like that, wouldn't they just outright reject them and quickly move on to some other application that they can process??? Why would they consider themselves blocked on such application(s) and issue the processing date to reflect such transient status ???
Some people actually did file during July 2 through July 17 and I am one of them. My law firm (one of the top immigration law firms) was actively involved with the AILF to file the lawsuit against DOS at that time. The law firm recommended all their clients to file I-485 even after July 1st as they though AILF has really good chances of winning the lawsuit.

akhilmahajan
04-23 09:30 AM
I have not got my i140 approval yet........
but the Receipt i got for my i140 says:-
Notice Type: Approval Notice
Section: Mern of Profession w/Adv Deg,or
of Excentn'l Abllitv
Sec .203.(b) (2)
So, does that mean it is being processed for EB2.
thanks.
but the Receipt i got for my i140 says:-
Notice Type: Approval Notice
Section: Mern of Profession w/Adv Deg,or
of Excentn'l Abllitv
Sec .203.(b) (2)
So, does that mean it is being processed for EB2.
thanks.
2011 Will Smith and Jada Pinkett
loudoggs
08-27 05:46 PM
Email VFS with your question. Everytime I have emailed them, they have replied back within 24 hrs.
Just curious, why do you want to use the special category? Book your appointment through the normal procedure as there a lot of dates available.
I just booked my dates online some 2-3 weeks back and after filling in all the forms they automatically put a note on the DS156 form that said "Visa Renewal". I already have a H-1 and am going to get my 2nd H-1 stamped.
Hope this helps.
VFS website for booking H1B stamping appointments in India seems to have added a new question when booking a H1B appointment.
The question is "Are you applying for same visa class that expired in the last 12 months?*" and they have defined the Visa renewal criteria (which I have pasted below) in order to answer this question. Yes- means you are seeking a appointment for visa renewal and No - means your appt is NOT for visa renewal.
Can somebody advice if me and my wife would fall under the visa renewal category. The last US visa on my passport is F1. My H1b status started in May 2004 and I am now in my 4rth year of H1B. In between I changed employer and my H1 is now valid upto October 2008. But I have NOT travelled outside the country after my H1B status began in May 2004. Hence I am going to get my H1B stamped for the first time. In my wife's case also her last stamp is F1 and she went from F1 to H4 this year so she is also going to get her H4 stamped for the first time. Do we answer YES (appt for visa renewal) or NO(appt not for visa renewal). We are booking a appointment at the Mumbai consulate.
The below is the visa renewal criteria as defined on the website:
Visa renewal appointments are available to visa applicants who:
have a U.S. visa that has expired less than 12 months ago.
wish to apply for the same category visa (work, business, tourist, etc.)
are Indian nationals (hold Indian passports)
are resident in the New Delhi, Chennai, or Mumbai consular districts (this category is not available to Kolkata based applicants).
The following applicants do NOT qualify for appointments in the visa renewal category:
Applicants who have never had a US visa.
Applicants who have a U.S. visa that expired more than 12 months ago.
Applicants applying for a different category visa (e.g. had a student visa, now applying for a work visa).
Non Indian passport holders
Applicants applying at the U.S. Consulate in Kolkata.
First time H4 or L2 applicants under 18 years of age. (If you have recently married a H1b or L1 visa holder but have never had a visa interview for a visa in the H/L category, you may not schedule in the renewal category.)
Applicants applying for more than one visa at the same time (e.g. F and B1/B2).
Applicants applying for entertainment/performance visas(P3 category).
Applicants applying for unskilled worker visas (H2b category).
All visa renewal applicants should bring the following documents to the Embassy/Consulate Consular Section on the day of their appointment:
Current, valid passport
Passports containing previously issued U.S. visas
As applicable, I-797 (H and L), I-20 (F & M students), DS-2019 (J visa applicants)
Just curious, why do you want to use the special category? Book your appointment through the normal procedure as there a lot of dates available.
I just booked my dates online some 2-3 weeks back and after filling in all the forms they automatically put a note on the DS156 form that said "Visa Renewal". I already have a H-1 and am going to get my 2nd H-1 stamped.
Hope this helps.
VFS website for booking H1B stamping appointments in India seems to have added a new question when booking a H1B appointment.
The question is "Are you applying for same visa class that expired in the last 12 months?*" and they have defined the Visa renewal criteria (which I have pasted below) in order to answer this question. Yes- means you are seeking a appointment for visa renewal and No - means your appt is NOT for visa renewal.
Can somebody advice if me and my wife would fall under the visa renewal category. The last US visa on my passport is F1. My H1b status started in May 2004 and I am now in my 4rth year of H1B. In between I changed employer and my H1 is now valid upto October 2008. But I have NOT travelled outside the country after my H1B status began in May 2004. Hence I am going to get my H1B stamped for the first time. In my wife's case also her last stamp is F1 and she went from F1 to H4 this year so she is also going to get her H4 stamped for the first time. Do we answer YES (appt for visa renewal) or NO(appt not for visa renewal). We are booking a appointment at the Mumbai consulate.
The below is the visa renewal criteria as defined on the website:
Visa renewal appointments are available to visa applicants who:
have a U.S. visa that has expired less than 12 months ago.
wish to apply for the same category visa (work, business, tourist, etc.)
are Indian nationals (hold Indian passports)
are resident in the New Delhi, Chennai, or Mumbai consular districts (this category is not available to Kolkata based applicants).
The following applicants do NOT qualify for appointments in the visa renewal category:
Applicants who have never had a US visa.
Applicants who have a U.S. visa that expired more than 12 months ago.
Applicants applying for a different category visa (e.g. had a student visa, now applying for a work visa).
Non Indian passport holders
Applicants applying at the U.S. Consulate in Kolkata.
First time H4 or L2 applicants under 18 years of age. (If you have recently married a H1b or L1 visa holder but have never had a visa interview for a visa in the H/L category, you may not schedule in the renewal category.)
Applicants applying for more than one visa at the same time (e.g. F and B1/B2).
Applicants applying for entertainment/performance visas(P3 category).
Applicants applying for unskilled worker visas (H2b category).
All visa renewal applicants should bring the following documents to the Embassy/Consulate Consular Section on the day of their appointment:
Current, valid passport
Passports containing previously issued U.S. visas
As applicable, I-797 (H and L), I-20 (F & M students), DS-2019 (J visa applicants)
more...
prdgl
02-10 10:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.
I have been breaking my head with this for quiet a while.
But what Ulterior motive can my employer have. Is he trying to lock me up with his company for years, becuase if he doesn't give me a copy of LC or I-140 then I can't really change jobs which is not nice.
Also i heard that if "I" pay the attorney rather than my company paying, I will get to have a copy of what ever i do with my attorney. Is that right ? My current employer pays for entire GC while the new employer asks his employees to pay for it.
Also do you know which is more difficult to get approved EB3 or EB2 without raising any red flags ? I am trying to understand which one is safe to play.
Thanks
I have been breaking my head with this for quiet a while.
But what Ulterior motive can my employer have. Is he trying to lock me up with his company for years, becuase if he doesn't give me a copy of LC or I-140 then I can't really change jobs which is not nice.
Also i heard that if "I" pay the attorney rather than my company paying, I will get to have a copy of what ever i do with my attorney. Is that right ? My current employer pays for entire GC while the new employer asks his employees to pay for it.
Also do you know which is more difficult to get approved EB3 or EB2 without raising any red flags ? I am trying to understand which one is safe to play.
Thanks
ubetman
08-05 10:31 AM
Thanks Tampacoolie...I don't know how I have to persuade my lawyer/representative...guess have to deal with him carefully and politely...they think that we are the lawyers and we know everything..ofcourse may be ...sometimes esp at this point, we have to notify...if we miss this opportunity, no way to appeal also..and u never know when PDs will be current again....
Anyhow thanks guyz for ur suggestions...
Anyhow thanks guyz for ur suggestions...
more...
pappu
01-14 05:46 PM
Now, that's a good idea. How about Cutting Permanent Residency Delays.
18 months is too long for citizenship applicants, and 6 years not too long for permanent residency applicants.
===
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/12/us/12citizen.html
Agency Acts to Cut Delay in Gaining Citizenship
By JULIA PRESTON
Published: January 12, 2008
Federal officials said Friday that they had agreed on an emergency plan to hire back about 700 retired government employees in an effort to pare an immense backlog in applications for citizenship by legal immigrants.
Under the plan, first proposed by Senator Charles E. Schumer, Democrat of New York, retired workers could return to the federal Citizenship and Immigration Services agency without sacrificing any part of their pensions. The agency will be authorized to hire former employees who have long since passed training programs and could be on the job quickly to help handle the more than one million citizenship applications filed in the first 10 months of last year, Mr. Schumer said.
The required waiver was approved in a letter on Thursday to immigration officials from Linda M. Springer, the director of the Office of Personnel Management.
The rehiring program is one step to help the immigration agency overcome an embarrassing backlog. Legal immigrants, saying they were spurred by a fee increase that took effect July 30 and by worries raised in the fierce political debate over immigration, applied in huge numbers last summer to become citizens. They were aided by a nationwide drive led by Hispanic groups and Univision, the Spanish-language television network.
According to its Web site, the immigration agency is projecting that it could take up to 18 months to process citizenship applications received after June 1. Hispanic groups have protested that hundreds of thousands of applicants would be unable to vote in the presidential election.
“It’s a problem of their own making,” William Ramos, director of the Washington office of the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials Educational Fund, said of the agency. “We kept telling them, there is going to be a surge.”
In recent days, the immigration agency confirmed that it received 1,026,951 citizenship applications from last January to October, nearly double the number in that period in 2006.
The agency also received a deluge of other immigration petitions.
Hispanic groups have demanded that the agency complete by July 4 the naturalizations of all immigrants who applied in the 2007 fiscal year, which ended Sept. 30, Mr. Ramos said.
Normally, when retired federal employers return to work, their salaries are reduced by the amount of their pension payments. Under the new waiver, retired workers who return to the immigration agency will receive full salary as well as their regular pension payments.
Christopher Bentley, a spokesman for Citizenship and Immigration Services, said the agency was also reorganizing its work force and imposing mandatory overtime on current workers.
The immigration agency plans to hire at least 1,500 new regular employees by the end of this year, Mr. Bentley said.
Read the people and organizations marked in bold above. They seem to be behind it. It is all about how much you can highlight the cause and lobby for it.
If we want something like this we will have to work for it too. Each one of us needs to participate it in.
18 months is too long for citizenship applicants, and 6 years not too long for permanent residency applicants.
===
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/12/us/12citizen.html
Agency Acts to Cut Delay in Gaining Citizenship
By JULIA PRESTON
Published: January 12, 2008
Federal officials said Friday that they had agreed on an emergency plan to hire back about 700 retired government employees in an effort to pare an immense backlog in applications for citizenship by legal immigrants.
Under the plan, first proposed by Senator Charles E. Schumer, Democrat of New York, retired workers could return to the federal Citizenship and Immigration Services agency without sacrificing any part of their pensions. The agency will be authorized to hire former employees who have long since passed training programs and could be on the job quickly to help handle the more than one million citizenship applications filed in the first 10 months of last year, Mr. Schumer said.
The required waiver was approved in a letter on Thursday to immigration officials from Linda M. Springer, the director of the Office of Personnel Management.
The rehiring program is one step to help the immigration agency overcome an embarrassing backlog. Legal immigrants, saying they were spurred by a fee increase that took effect July 30 and by worries raised in the fierce political debate over immigration, applied in huge numbers last summer to become citizens. They were aided by a nationwide drive led by Hispanic groups and Univision, the Spanish-language television network.
According to its Web site, the immigration agency is projecting that it could take up to 18 months to process citizenship applications received after June 1. Hispanic groups have protested that hundreds of thousands of applicants would be unable to vote in the presidential election.
“It’s a problem of their own making,” William Ramos, director of the Washington office of the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials Educational Fund, said of the agency. “We kept telling them, there is going to be a surge.”
In recent days, the immigration agency confirmed that it received 1,026,951 citizenship applications from last January to October, nearly double the number in that period in 2006.
The agency also received a deluge of other immigration petitions.
Hispanic groups have demanded that the agency complete by July 4 the naturalizations of all immigrants who applied in the 2007 fiscal year, which ended Sept. 30, Mr. Ramos said.
Normally, when retired federal employers return to work, their salaries are reduced by the amount of their pension payments. Under the new waiver, retired workers who return to the immigration agency will receive full salary as well as their regular pension payments.
Christopher Bentley, a spokesman for Citizenship and Immigration Services, said the agency was also reorganizing its work force and imposing mandatory overtime on current workers.
The immigration agency plans to hire at least 1,500 new regular employees by the end of this year, Mr. Bentley said.
Read the people and organizations marked in bold above. They seem to be behind it. It is all about how much you can highlight the cause and lobby for it.
If we want something like this we will have to work for it too. Each one of us needs to participate it in.
2010 family 2010. will smith

NELLAIKUMAR
01-26 02:31 PM
racism is considered sexy these days ;)
If someone beats you up in the street corner because of racism, then come back here and tell everyone whether it is sexy or not. :D
If someone beats you up in the street corner because of racism, then come back here and tell everyone whether it is sexy or not. :D
more...

EndlessWait
09-08 12:02 PM
so why complain.. ofcourse just kidding! , no pun intended
hair Will amp; Jada Pinkett-Smith#39;s
mpgc
10-16 04:56 PM
Hi,
My green card petition was applied under "Computer and Information Systems Manager" job title. Recently, I get a full-time job offer from another employer with a much lesser salary but, considering the current job market and economy, I've no other option but to accept it. There's one little kink in this new situation: the title for the job I've applied for labor does not match with the one I'm offered (Software Engineer)
These are my questions:
1. Do I really need to apply AC21 now?
2. If I apply AC21 with Software Engineer title what could be the consequence
3. What if I try to get a letter from my new employer with job title as Computer and Information Systems Manager or some similar title. Do you think it'll work?
If anyone has better idea, please advise me. I'd really appreciate all your help.
Thank you very much...
My green card petition was applied under "Computer and Information Systems Manager" job title. Recently, I get a full-time job offer from another employer with a much lesser salary but, considering the current job market and economy, I've no other option but to accept it. There's one little kink in this new situation: the title for the job I've applied for labor does not match with the one I'm offered (Software Engineer)
These are my questions:
1. Do I really need to apply AC21 now?
2. If I apply AC21 with Software Engineer title what could be the consequence
3. What if I try to get a letter from my new employer with job title as Computer and Information Systems Manager or some similar title. Do you think it'll work?
If anyone has better idea, please advise me. I'd really appreciate all your help.
Thank you very much...
more...
mankusunny
04-07 09:37 AM
Hi,
I noticed I voted in by mistake. I didn't realize this poll was only for people who got received a fee invoice. I thought this a poll to see where the PD's were. Sorry about that. I think a few others might have incorrectly voted as well.
I noticed I voted in by mistake. I didn't realize this poll was only for people who got received a fee invoice. I thought this a poll to see where the PD's were. Sorry about that. I think a few others might have incorrectly voted as well.
hot WILL SMITH AND FAMILY AT I AM
Munna Bhai
08-30 06:41 AM
Today i got REF regarding my GC .
USCIS is asking me to provide following:
1)All Documents pertaining to US immegration status. Including most recent I-94 , EAD, and all my H1 copies
2)Copies of all US Federal Tax retuns ever filed.
3)Copies of first and last pay stubs of all US employers.
4)Birth Ceritificatates
5)Marriage cetificate and cermony photos.
I have all documents except my first paycheck of the first employer.
I came to USA in the year of 1999 without my employer permision.
I stayed with frieds help without informing the my employer(who filed the H1B was not interested to bring me usa becuase market was not good). It took 8 months to get job after that i contact my employer and i was with him for 6 months and joined another company.
Only problem is , i stayed 8 months in the USA without job(without status).
Between 1999 to 2007 i visited inida 4 times without any issues.
USCIS is asking me submit my first paycheck. - I did not work first 8 months
Anyone can guide me how to handle this case?.
If i tell my employer was not paid first 8 months will that be any problem?
And what are chances of get my GC.
Please help!
Nobody gets RFE for so many documents, please tell us more about your PD etc and why you have not submitted these documents while filing for I-485. The more you open up, the better for everyone to help you. Ofcourse you need a lawyer who can help you.
USCIS is asking me to provide following:
1)All Documents pertaining to US immegration status. Including most recent I-94 , EAD, and all my H1 copies
2)Copies of all US Federal Tax retuns ever filed.
3)Copies of first and last pay stubs of all US employers.
4)Birth Ceritificatates
5)Marriage cetificate and cermony photos.
I have all documents except my first paycheck of the first employer.
I came to USA in the year of 1999 without my employer permision.
I stayed with frieds help without informing the my employer(who filed the H1B was not interested to bring me usa becuase market was not good). It took 8 months to get job after that i contact my employer and i was with him for 6 months and joined another company.
Only problem is , i stayed 8 months in the USA without job(without status).
Between 1999 to 2007 i visited inida 4 times without any issues.
USCIS is asking me submit my first paycheck. - I did not work first 8 months
Anyone can guide me how to handle this case?.
If i tell my employer was not paid first 8 months will that be any problem?
And what are chances of get my GC.
Please help!
Nobody gets RFE for so many documents, please tell us more about your PD etc and why you have not submitted these documents while filing for I-485. The more you open up, the better for everyone to help you. Ofcourse you need a lawyer who can help you.
more...
house The Smith Family (L to R: Jada
cyber
08-10 04:56 PM
what's your plan posting this information ????
tattoo Will Smith family shows up in
saibaba
01-21 04:30 PM
You can go for any reason. I recently got back using AP. They just verify if your AP is valid and let you in.
I second u...Infact I strongly advise everyone to use AP instead of taking chance with H1 stamping(keeping the PIMS,Secuirity check related delays in mind)...
At POE, they just verified my passport expiry date and AP Expiry date..and let me IN....
I second u...Infact I strongly advise everyone to use AP instead of taking chance with H1 stamping(keeping the PIMS,Secuirity check related delays in mind)...
At POE, they just verified my passport expiry date and AP Expiry date..and let me IN....
more...
pictures March 29, 2010
ggc
08-16 05:43 PM
Thank you all!. In my case only issue I can see is, when my wife travelled from India to US, at the port of entry customs check, they found some meat products. And they charged fine of $300 and we paid it. They also took copy of her passport and gave a letter (name is: Department of homeland security. U.S customs and border protection. Notice of alleged violation)
It was my wife's mistake actually, she did not declared meat products in customs form.
In the interview, if IO asks my wife about any violations or criminal records, does she has to give info on that port of entry incident? Will there be any negetive effects on this?
It was my wife's mistake actually, she did not declared meat products in customs form.
In the interview, if IO asks my wife about any violations or criminal records, does she has to give info on that port of entry incident? Will there be any negetive effects on this?
dresses Jada and her hubbie Will Smith
freeskier89
01-02 02:17 AM
Is there a good way to post swfs? We can zip them, but its nice to be able to see the entries quickly. Is there any place to post them externally so the security of the forum isn't compromised? I might be able to set up an uploader in the next week for the contest on my server if it would help.
more...
makeup will smith and family 2010.
diptam
08-10 12:50 PM
You will never hear in future too but you may see that in any Public Forum Posts and you very well know what the poster meant !!
Thanks !
Europe: never heard of this "country" :D
Thanks !
Europe: never heard of this "country" :D
girlfriend Will Smith
singhsa3
08-19 11:02 AM
Just to state some examples: Several of members probably took CFA level II and III exams in June 2008 and the results were out today. These things further increase cohesion among the people as they share more ground than simply being an immigrant.
hairstyles Will Smith Will Smith and Jada
looivy
11-05 08:42 PM
My lawyer had said that as long as you were married before the primary applicant's I-485 was approved, the spouse can be added even after the approval.
I don't understand about going to home country and coming back? PLease explain.
I don't understand about going to home country and coming back? PLease explain.
newlife2
09-19 10:12 PM
Guys, I was just laid off and have efiled i539 3 days after the termination date for a status change to F2. Now working on the application letter. Do you think I should mention the layoff in the letter?
If I do mention it:
Con: The layoff might quickly catch the eyes of the immigration officer and if he want to check my status, he could find out the 3 days OOS.
Pro: My previous job was well paid. By mentioning it, I give the reason that why I want to stay at home as F2 instead of keeping the well paid job.
I guess I will mention it in the letter to explain the whole situation and hope everything will be all right. Let me know if anybody disagrees asap, I will mail out the stuff with in next two days.
If I do mention it:
Con: The layoff might quickly catch the eyes of the immigration officer and if he want to check my status, he could find out the 3 days OOS.
Pro: My previous job was well paid. By mentioning it, I give the reason that why I want to stay at home as F2 instead of keeping the well paid job.
I guess I will mention it in the letter to explain the whole situation and hope everything will be all right. Let me know if anybody disagrees asap, I will mail out the stuff with in next two days.
bhushansd
07-12 03:45 PM
Please change the name of this thread, it sounds that some got a rejection notice.
No comments:
Post a Comment